2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: earthbound
that's a great deal...but talk about residual value....dang...

About right, original buyer probably paid $40k and with 102k on it half of it's life is over. $18k is about where it should be.

This was also the lowest priced '13 or newer out of 400 units available in all of Phoenix.

Surprised OP was looking at '13 and newer not '14 and newer - 2014 got all the mid cycle enhancements.
I didn’t know anything about Grand Cherokees, was just searching just to see what popped up. Luckily it’s a ‘14! Might take it out to the desert this weekend.

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
Radiator is leaking after 4 days and 50 miles...

Not a great start
frown.gif

The radiator in my Liberty went out at 108k. Make sure it gets a Mopar one!

Although my XJ one just started leaking and it's 22 years old, 140k miles. Seems like luck of the draw.

Originally Posted By: OVERKILL
Radiator is leaking after 4 days and 50 miles...

Not a great start
frown.gif

I called the salesman yesterday and he wasn't helpful. Nice guy, but we didn't buy the warranty, which I totally understand but after 4 days?

Today I called the general manager and he said bring it in on Monday and they'll look at it and "I'm sure we can come to a conclusion that makes both of us happy".

Well, the Acura dealer stepped up to the plate and put in a new OEM radiator today at no cost.

Great to hear!
thumbsup2.gif

How's he liking the vehicle otherwise? How's the power?
We’re liking it. Very comfortable, the power is all we would need. Definitely not a racecar but about as fast as the Trailblazer. I tried updating the Uconnect but the flash drive I used had enough space for the file, but was only 2gb so it threw an error code.

Great to hear!
thumbsup2.gif

We’re liking it. Very comfortable, the power is all we would need. Definitely not a racecar but about as fast as the Trailblazer. I tried updating the Uconnect but the flash drive I used had enough space for the file, but was only 2gb so it threw an error code.

Sounds about right, I'd make a similar comment about the Durango.

What software is presently on the head unit, OE?

Great to hear!
thumbsup2.gif

Sounds about right, I'd make a similar comment about the Durango.

What software is presently on the head unit, OE?

It has 16.13.13 on it, I am trying to update to 17.11.07. It’s a little buggy right now. Music selection is slow and sometimes it’ll play the next song (on Bluetooth) but show the old song on the screen.

The HuskyLiners fit perfectly.

What's the immediate maintenance plan? Should be ready for plugs at 100k, I'd probably pull the cabin and engine air filters and check the tranny, diff and transfer cases.

What's the immediate maintenance plan? Should be ready for plugs at 100k, I'd probably pull the cabin and engine air filters and check the tranny, diff and transfer cases.
Yeah I need to look up the plugs. Intake manifold has to come off right? Cabin filter will be done, dealer did the air filter, then I need to do diffs and transfer case. It was an Acura dealer so hopefully they used the right coolant...

It's low on power steering fluid, so I ordered a liter of Pentosin for $20. It'll also get a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3's. It'll be ready for off-road!

I drove it to work today to get some miles on it and check for coolant leaks. I noticed sometimes the driver side speakers (multiple) quit working sometimes when hitting a bump. I smacked the dash when it would do it and it would start working. I'll probably pull the radio one of these days and check connections. But wow, this stereo can really pound out some sound! And it doesn't even have the fanciest stereo.

Yeah I need to look up the plugs. Intake manifold has to come off right? Cabin filter will be done, dealer did the air filter, then I need to do diffs and transfer case. It was an Acura dealer so hopefully they used the right coolant...

It's low on power steering fluid, so I ordered a liter of Pentosin for $20. It'll also get a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3's. It'll be ready for off-road!

I drove it to work today to get some miles on it and check for coolant leaks. I noticed sometimes the driver side speakers (multiple) quit working sometimes when hitting a bump. I smacked the dash when it would do it and it would start working. I'll probably pull the radio one of these days and check connections. But wow, this stereo can really pound out some sound! And it doesn't even have the fanciest stereo.

I haven't even looked into plugs, I'm just approaching 50k miles. I have the Harman/Kardon 825 watt, 19 speaker stereo and my ears are ringing every time I get of the car. A few nights ago I was at Osborn and Central blasting a Metallica song and some guy with a ZZ Top beard rolled his window down to give me a thumbs up lol.

So far I've had a leaky LF strut, a recall to add auto park, an old lady that crashed into the side of it, an engine air filter, a cabin filter, 3 tire rotations and 4 oil changes. Coming up on 3 years of ownership and 50k miles.

So far I've had a leaky LF strut, a recall to add auto park, an old lady that crashed into the side of it, an engine air filter, a cabin filter, 3 tire rotations and 4 oil changes. Coming up on 3 years of ownership and 50k miles.

*The windshield was also replaced thanks to a stone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back