2013 Express AWD rear axle ID

D60

I need to order an aftermarket TAD (traction aiding diff) for a '13 Express 1500 AWD. Research indicates this should be your standard 10b/8.6 and 30 spline.

Customer wants an Auburn Select-A-Loc. What gives me pause is at retailers like Summit Racing it claims part 545004 will fit a 2012, but not a 2013.

I'm 99% this is just an oversight in application guides, but before buying a relatively expensive part I'd rather confirm. I do have a call into Auburn who is researching more, and seemed to genuinely care.

I do know MYs 2013 and 2014 used a unique WSS setup, but that's out at the backing plates and shouldn't affect ring, pinion or carrier design.

I know everyone says "RPO codes!" but I don't think those tell you actual axle ID?

Customer was able to provide this (dismal) image which I'd say is a 10b. Again, I'm only hesitating because application guides say something changed from '12 to '13.

Thoughts? @clinebarger
IMG_20240315_131744.jpg

RA shows the same GM PN for a ring and pinion all the way to 2014, the last year the Express was offered in a 1500.

Looks like it's just a catalog error, as you expected.

Reactions: D60
RA shows the same GM PN for a ring and pinion all the way to 2014, the last year the Express was offered in a 1500.

Looks like it's just a catalog error, as you expected.
Yeah, I was also poking around RA for such.

Also I actually got a call back from Auburn just now who confirms the 545004 will fit.

Apologies to BITOG, I didn't expect a call back so soon. Props to Greg at Auburn tech support! (and really nice to speak with an American in America sans a thick accent I can't understand)

Back