2012 Explorer Limited 3.5 V6, Schaeffer 9000,6.4k OCI

Recent sample from my 2012 Explorer. Vehicle had 85000 not 35000 as stated in sample. Vehicle sees about 70/30 hwy/city. I’ve used the Schaeffer 9000 for the last 3 OCIs, prior to that it was a mixture of M1, Magnatec, and QSUD before I bought it. I’ve been using the Motorcraft oil filter and also changed the air filter. I definitely could have gone to 7k, and will probably use M1EP next OCI due to the cost savings. Shipping for Schaeffers has gotten crazy.

79FD0465-2DC7-4ADB-A01E-E7C2E2F40F6B.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
The Ford Cyclone engines (in n/a form) are notoriously easy on oil. Your wear rates are low, as expected. Contamination also low.
You can easily go 10k miles; probably more. I've run 12k miles on dino ST oil and got great results.

Nothing but love for these engines. That is, until they need a water pump ... :mad:

Last edited:
The Ford Cyclone engines (in n/a form) are notoriously easy on oil. Your wear rates are low, as expected. Contamination also low.
You can easily go 10k miles; probably more. I've run 12k miles on dino ST oil and got great results.

Nothing but love for these engines. That is, until they need a water pump ... :mad:
Yea, I wish the water pump was a different setup. If so, this would be an all around greet engine. I keep an eye on the coolant especially since it’s 11 yrs old. Also, i stay in top of the coolant changes with only Motorcraft coolant. Will that make a difference changing it often, who know but it’s peace of mind. This was my grandparents , and I couldn’t pass the deal up.

As previously mentioned very low wear. Although Schaeffer's is great oil it can be costly so running something you can have shipped to the door or grab off a shelf that costs less, with the M1 having very similar performance, can be a great feeling.

@fantastic — ChinaMart delivers all my oil right to my door step FOR FREE (order two jugs so it’s over their $35 minimum to get free shipping) and I never have to step foot inside that place. 🫣🤢🤮😷

@fantastic — ChinaMart delivers all my oil right to my door step FOR FREE (order two jugs so it’s over their $35 minimum to get free shipping) and I never have to step foot inside that place. 🫣🤢🤮😷
Yes, they do ship free over $35 which can be a time saver for sure! I just ordered x2 2.5 gallon jugs of Mobil Delvac Extreme 15w-40 & was at my door within 2 business days. Wally world is not for the faint of heart. It's for hardy folks like me that fit in well. 🥸 :LOL:

Back