2011 Qx56 128k mi; QSFS 5w-30 3k mi

First oil analysis. Please note, used oem oil filter from dealership that I didn’t replace. Meaning oil filter has 6k total miles on it and the oil 3k. No, won’t be doing that again. Trying to find right oil for this engine so will continue to change at 3k (short tripped) with oil filter until I find the best match.
Thank you.

IMG_5025.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know the Blackstones avg mileage on this engine but I'll speculate that your Copper wear is much lower than average. I do agree that 5k is doable. What do you say?

You should be fine running QS for 5k it’s good oil and the 5.6 V8 is easy on oil from what I’m told

Meaning oil filter has 6k total miles on it and the oil 3k. No, won’t be doing that again.
Why not? The results look fine. Your insoluables is low, meaning the oil filter was still in good shape. Great report, BTW!

I don't know the Blackstones avg mileage on this engine but I'll speculate that your Copper wear is much lower than average.
If you read the report comments, it looks like universal averages are based on 5000 miles. So yeah, his results look pretty good. Aluminum is slightly high, iron is slightly low, copper is very low, and lead is slightly low.

Thank you for all of the responses. Glad report looks good. I’m use to changing every 3k as I don’t see how it would hurt with lots of idling via short trips. I’ve tried Mobil, total and qsfs. In my experience the engine doesn’t purr great around 3/4k miles on the oil. Running 5/30 PP now and will try PUP with any other recommendations. HPL is rich for me, but I don’t mind changing oil sooner for 30 bucks.

Back