$200K of German Engineering baby!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Originally Posted by Ws6

What kind of numbers is the Tesla Roadster posting? Link to the review?

Roadster

0 to 60

Sweet! Have you test driven one yet? What's street price/actual going price like?

Originally Posted by PimTac
My Maserati does 185.

I lost my license, now I don't drive.

Life's been good to you...so far...
lol.gif

Originally Posted by skyactiv
How much annual income would YOU need to be comfortable buying that Porsche new?

Very few initial owners buy these vehicles. I'd bet over 90 percent of the first time owners a leasing this vehicle and a majority are leased under their business.

My WAG is somewhere around $1700/mo on a 30k/3 yr lease.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by BMWTurboDzl
How much annual income would YOU need to be comfortable buying that Porsche new?

Very few initial owners buy these vehicles. I'd bet over 90 percent of the first time owners a leasing this vehicle and a majority are leased under their business.

My WAG is somewhere around $1700/mo on a 30k/3 yr lease.

That's very true. Everyone I know who has something like this, it's a company item.

Originally Posted by Ws6

Roadster

0 to 60

Wow!

1.9 0-60*

And a 600+ mile range!

That's incredible performance.

Have they solved the controller/battery heat issue. Can I hammer it on a track and not have it lose power?

Just curious. It's a great looking car, and with that amazing acceleration performance, I could see this as a dream car.

Nothing will ever replace the sound of a V-12, but wow, that Roadster is impressive...

*so, it generates about 1/4 of the acceleration of a cat shot...which is closer than anything I've ever seen...
thumbsup2.gif

Last edited:
This looks incredible from the rear.

Can't afford it? Neither can 99% of the population, so don't feel that bad. Porsche isn't worried.
They are a bit worried about Tesla, but they'll be alright.

The Taycan is a sharp looking car, but if I have $200k to drop at a Porsche dealer, I'm leaving with a 911 Turbo.

I have a saying. If you see somebody spending that kind of money, it's probably somebody elses money that they're spending.

$200K of German engineering for a car that should sell for under $80K to be competitive.
Epic fail by Porsche I suspect their accountants will be figuring out a way to write off a huge loss on that model.

Originally Posted by 02SE
Can you buy a Tesla Roadster yet?

No. Pre-order only. The Founder Series is sold out.
The Roadster was supposed to arrive late this year, but of course everything is uncertain for the forseeable future.

Originally Posted by Ws6
Originally Posted by Ws6

Roadster

0 to 60

Sweet! Have you test driven one yet? What's street price/actual going price like?

There are no production cars, only the prototypes.
I understand the Founder Series are $250K and require full payment at order. But they are sold out.
The regular car is $200K with a $50K order down payment.
There will be options, possibly including 10 small jet thrusters to overcome tire traction issues.
That boy is whack.
SpaceX Package

Sweet car. Myself $250k/year+ income + paid off home, $1-2Million dollar retirement account, fully funded college funds for 3 kids and no debt.

LOL you CA fellas and all your money....
smile.gif

I could think of a lot better things to drop that kind of coin on!!

Electric cars are for greenies... although cool as heck, I just can't justify the cost.

Originally Posted by glock19
The Taycan is a sharp looking car, but if I have $200k to drop at a Porsche dealer, I'm leaving with a 911 Turbo.

Yes, this....or a 911 Targa 4S and keep some pocket change.

Around here, at least the folks I know, almost all of the Porsche CUV/SUV's are leased while more of the 911/Boxster/Cayman's are purchased, but the ones that are leased are usually done through a company. There are $ reasons to do so!

Originally Posted by oldhp
200K ??? I'd take a HellCat, a Cobra 427 roadster, and a.................1969 HEMI RoadRunner for just cruisin'..........with money left over. But that's me.............

Can you touch a 427 Cobra for less than $1M ?

The Cobra would be a kit car with a small block Ford 427 / 5 speed. Dark green with medium gray stripes.
19.gif

It's interesting engineering that's going to be worth 1/5 that in 7-10 years. If I had $200k to blow/invest/play with on auto sports, I'd go a different route. One could own a clean 67 GTO Tri Power and a nice C6 ZR1 and still have enough left over to buy a used Grand Cherokee Trackhawk to "haul the family" and a 5.7 Tundra and a good trailer to tow all the others if/when they ya know.

I'm not an EV guy but if I was to go for one the Tesla's are just a better bang for the buck. A Model3 with duel motor sans the autopilot but with supercharging and riding on some aftermarket forged rims and high end springs and dampers would punching just below this Porche's weight class for 1/3 the price.

Originally Posted by GZRider
I'm not an EV guy but if I was to go for one the Tesla's are just a better bang for the buck. A Model3 with duel motor sans the autopilot but with supercharging and riding on some aftermarket forged rims and high end springs and dampers would punching just below this Porche's weight class for 1/3 the price.

A Model 3 Performance just might be a better car outta the box. Definitely has more tech. And far better range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back