2008 kia rio heat pressure reducing at lower rpm

to each their own... but you do realize your most likely wrong on that one... This is stated right from Cruthfield and hand on results.

Q: What's a capacitor?
A: A capacitor, or cap, is an electronic component that can take up, store, and discharge electrical energy. Because they can do all that quickly, capacitors are used to filter or buffer any sudden changes in a circuit's voltage, smoothing the ensuing signal.

Q: What's a capacitor used for?
A: In car audio, large outboard capacitors, sometimes called stiffening caps, are used to prevent lights from dimming when loud bass notes play. They accomplish this by supplying the amplifier with a quick jolt of power.

Q :HOW DOES A CAPACITOR WORK?
A: Stiffing capacitors store electricity, which they can discharge very quickly unlike the vehicles battery and alternator. They give your amplifier quick jolts of power when the bass hits to cover the amount of current it requires for musical transients. This ensures the amplifiers in your car are properly supplied and working at peak performance.

In regards to the FAN SPEED DECREASING at idle: Check: CABIN AIR FILTER - if dirty would have decrease in CFM because of extra air resistance passing over a blocker filter... FAN RESISTOR, AND maybe FAN PIN VOLTAGE.. Also I still believe 14.8 PLUS volts is a little too high.. H/K prefers it closer to 14.0V-14.3V... Charging at almost 15 volts all the time will shorten your battery life also.

But if the FAN SPEED DOES NOT INCREASE OR DECREASE with the switch, it could be the RESISTOR .... basically it would be one speed no matter what number you selected if that was bad (on/off)

crutchfield is in the business of selling you things just like every other retailer out there. you would need a huge bank of caps to make them useful watch the video

I had a capacitor bank on my brake lights. So when you put on the brakes it charged the cap bank. Then when you let up it was a slow drain as the lights faded.

Capaciter bank in trunk.jpg

I put some in my brake lights in the trunk. Gave me a nice old fashioned fade.....
I'd be worried about the brake switch. What goes out must come in.

Or did you do something to limit inrush current?

That's in a '97 Ford Taurus SHO. That's the stock Mach amp. And I did a mod that you could do to Fords back then with a jumper wire in the somewhere, MFS to stop lamp switch I think. It allowed the turn signals to also act as brake lights. Yet still be independent turn signals.

So I guess the inrush was also shared with the turn signal circuit. At any rate never had a problem with them. I still got them around somewhere. Should put them in the Gen Coupe.

That's in a '97 Ford Taurus SHO. That's the stock Mach amp. And I did a mod that you could do to Fords back then with a jumper wire in the somewhere, MFS to stop lamp switch I think. It allowed the turn signals to also act as brake lights. Yet still be independent turn signals.

So I guess the inrush was also shared with the turn signal circuit. At any rate never had a problem with them. I still got them around somewhere. Should put them in the Gen Coupe.
cool, I didn't want to seem like a dk by saying I hadn't seen a cd player in a minute but people could still be rocking those and obviously no judgment or anything

Back