2007 Cobalt SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: clinebarger

What tires do you like? I was eyeing the BFgoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S 215/45/18.

The BFGs aren't bad, but I really like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+.

Nice car! I hope you get many enjoyable miles out of it
smile.gif

Magnaflow makes a good exhaust for the Cobalt SS

Dorman makes an OE replacement stock air box, and Rock Auto has it.

Rock Auto sells the OEM pads and rotors. The OEM pads are expensive, but the OEM rotors are actually a fair price. If that's still more than you want to spend on rotors, get the Centric Premium rotors and Akebono pads.

For the shocks/struts, the OEM shocks and struts are still available, and Rock Auto has them at a good price. If price matters the most, you can always get quick struts. If you want high performance, Koni.

For the tires, get the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position

What are you looking for? High performance upgrade, OE replacement, exact OEM, or just the cheapest parts?

Sold my 2001 Tahoe this weekend......Got a thousand more than I paid plus this 2007 Cobalt SS, LSJ supercharged 2.0L/F35 5-speed manual.
Has a few issues.....
It's dirty....REALLY dirty!
Electric Power Steering does not work, No communication with EPS Module.
Buzz Bomb muffler, Having trouble locating a stock one.
Cold Air intake, Also having trouble finding a stock one.
Mismatched tires.
Needs brakes struts.

I'm thinking of making it my daily driver/Beater. It may take a few months to get it back in shape. Input is welcome!.......I think I will remove the huge rear spoiler!

Msoe79k.jpg

qFbYJdi.jpg

RockAuto sells the Dorman equivalent of the stock air filter housing for $39, and the paper engine air filters for $9-$14.

Originally Posted By: MCompact

What tires do you like? I was eyeing the BFgoodrich G-Force Comp-2 A/S 215/45/18.

The BFGs aren't bad, but I really like the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S 3+.

Thanks for the recommendation! I had some Michelin PSS's on the front of my '50 Studebaker Pick-up (Mustang II suspension) Very stable at triple digit speeds in a 60 year old brick, But they didn't last much longer than the Nitto 555R drag radials on the back. But I have to assume the A/S version would last longer.

Originally Posted By: oilpsi2high
The factory Pirelli PZero Rossos were decent, but didn't last and were noisy.

Don't get all seasons. They will destroy the handling of this thing.

I have these now. Great handling, and even better treadwear:

https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp...%20Supercharged

They're just about the same as the Pirellis, but last twice as long and are way quieter on the highway.

I have a set of those on my Camaro, They flat spot quite easy......I do let it sit in the garage for weeks at a time, But they seem to also do it (to a lesser extent) if I let it sit for a week.
I have to say they are a good tire once they are round again after a few miles.

Have read not to run Ultra High Performance tires in freezing temperatures? Which this car would have to be used in!

Thanks again....I like to hear from personal experience with a particular vehicle!!!

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Nice car! I hope you get many enjoyable miles out of it
smile.gif

Magnaflow makes a good exhaust for the Cobalt SS

Dorman makes an OE replacement stock air box, and Rock Auto has it.

Rock Auto sells the OEM pads and rotors. The OEM pads are expensive, but the OEM rotors are actually a fair price. If that's still more than you want to spend on rotors, get the Centric Premium rotors and Akebono pads.

For the shocks/struts, the OEM shocks and struts are still available, and Rock Auto has them at a good price. If price matters the most, you can always get quick struts. If you want high performance, Koni.

For the tires, get the Bridgestone Potenza S-04 Pole Position

What are you looking for? High performance upgrade, OE replacement, exact OEM, or just the cheapest parts?

Thanks.....It's not really a nice car in it's present state.
I have looked at the Magnaflow exhaust systems, And listened to several clips on Youtube.....They are ALL loud & have that "angry bee" sound. I guess I'm just old & old school.

I know dorman makes the air cleaner assembly....But NOT the tube between the throttle body & air cleaner assembly, GM has discontinued both.

I like quality struts/shocks!! And will gladly pay the money.....But I don't want a harsh ride & will probably never track the car. I think OEM will be fine with new strut mounts & bump stops.

Will pony-up for the OEM pads & rotors!

On the tires.....I have no idea what I want as I have little experience with sport compacts, My Corolla is the first sub-compact I ever owned & my wife drives it.

Thanks.....It's not really a nice car in it's present state.
I have looked at the Magnaflow exhaust systems, And listened to several clips on Youtube.....They are ALL loud & have that "angry bee" sound. I guess I'm just old & old school.

I know dorman makes the air cleaner assembly....But NOT the tube between the throttle body & air cleaner assembly, GM has discontinued both.

I like quality struts/shocks!! And will gladly pay the money.....But I don't want a harsh ride & will probably never track the car. I think OEM will be fine with new strut mounts & bump stops.

Will pony-up for the OEM pads & rotors!

On the tires.....I have no idea what I want as I have little experience with sport compacts, My Corolla is the first sub-compact I ever owned & my wife drives it.

Is this the tube you're looking for? Right after the housing? That site may have the tube, but the TB is on a separate diagram (listed under fuel system)

Most aftermarket strut mounts are no good, so that is another area where OEM is a must. Unfortunately, Rock Auto doesn't seem to carry the OEM strut mounts for your car.

I suggested the Potenza summer tires because I didn't think you would need to worry about freezing temperatures. But if you do, and need an all-season tire, get the Dunlop Signature HP. Sorry.

Yes, That is the tube I was referring to. Thanks. Found it Here as well. Funny thing is...I ordered the OE motor mounts from Van Chevrolet for my Camaro.

The OE strut mounts seem to be discontinued as well, All I can find is the "Professional" replacements per the GM part number 19294297.

It's only below freezing a few days out of the year, I may be able to get away with a summer tire.

Glad you found the tube at a better price
smile.gif

For the GM OEM strut mount, I found part number 88964326 that still seems to be available
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back