2003 F-150 4R70W Shift Indicator Alignment

2003 Ford F-150 SuperCab Lariat 5.4L V8, 4R70W 4-speed 14-bolt transmission, 2WD 12-bolt rear 3.55 Limited Slip 9.75" axle

The issue is that the indicator on the steering column is offset meaning that when it shows to be in Reverse it really is in Park & on down the line the offset goes. It will never align into park & is always off one. It shifts well just doesn't indicate correctly. What causes this to happen? Is it merely an external adjustment required?

Thank you.

There is an adjustment for the indicator cable on the right side of the column. There is also a plastic piece there that breaks sometimes. Also, make sure the bolts that hold the shift tube to the column are tight and the bushings on the tube are in good shape as well.

Bringing this back as other items came up & should be able to fix this time around.
What's the part number for that plastic piece? It happened suddenly so seems like something broke.
This is my parent's vehicle of which I'm several hours drive so am willing to buy a part that would more than likely fix it to get it fixed the first time.

Bringing this back as other items came up & should be able to fix this time around.
What's the part number for that plastic piece? It happened suddenly so seems like something broke.
This is my parent's vehicle of which I'm several hours drive so am willing to buy a part that would more than likely fix it to get it fixed the first time.
Assuming it isn't an SVT Lightning, NL3Z-7A110-A is the latest number. Ford will sell it as the indicator, adjuster, and cable all in one.

Also if there is any slop in the shifter, this is the time to fix it. The bushings are a super common wear point on Ford column shifts.

It's not a SVT Lightning.
So, I checked a few online Ford places (AutoNation, PartsforSaleOnline.com [Sewell], & OnlineFordPartsCatalog.com), & all but AutoNation show it as no longer available. Is it an obsolete part that once stock is gone, then it's gone?
What's the part number for the bushings?

It's not a SVT Lightning.
So, I checked a few online Ford places (AutoNation, PartsforSaleOnline.com [Sewell], & OnlineFordPartsCatalog.com), & all but AutoNation show it as no longer available. Is it an obsolete part that once stock is gone, then it's gone?
What's the part number for the bushings?
It is readily available. Ford has over 150 in their US PDCs. All of those sites are less than stellar for actual parts information.

F3TZ-7L278-A are the bushings. You need 2.

Back