2002 Subaru WRX, 6600 miles on GC - Lead?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back after a long time :)

Filtration: OEM air and oil filters.

New analysis (actually this is the oil I removed > 6mo ago).

Switched to GC. Some odd results. Lead still high (and went up). The other dramatic changes (moly, boron, magnesium) I'm assuming are the GC's additive package vs. M1 which I was previously using.

Fuel dilate dropped to almost zero, although it was summer when I changed this out.

Any thoughts? Lead from bearings, right? Should I be worried here?

Oil0108.jpg

Thread on my previous UOAs here
Previous UOA thread

Yea, the lead is higher than usual. My 01 Nissan sentgra had numbers like that and over 100K later runs like new.

Silicon is a bit high..you might want to check out your air inlet/filter for leakage.

I suspect that you have quite a bit more fuel dilution than is identified on this report. Are you using any fuel additives (Techron)? If so, try an OCI without it and see what happens.

Also, try Dyson Analysis next time. I suspect that Blackstone did not offer any useful suggestions.

I had a lead "streak" in a Subaru engine. Lead popped up, then gradually went down. No other "weirdness" going on at the same time. Maybe that's the case here, too.

Lead would make me a bit nervous, especially in an '02 or '03 WRX. One guy on nasioc with high lead switched to xW40 and it didn't help much after two OCI's (probably too late). Although his was much higher, IIRC. Might be time for a Dyson. Cross your fingers that it's just a particle streak like Titan said.

My Si has never been below 13 ppm's. I've had the dealer look at the airbox and intake and he said everything checks out.

Do you do make a lot of short trips?

-Dennis

Originally Posted By: realwomble
Thread on my previous UOAs here
Previous UOA thread

You had a professional answer from a mechanic with great knowledge on lubrication (TooSlick) and you chose to ignored it. Not wise .

Dennis:

Hello again. I see your FXT is still doing well.

Yannis:

GC is significantly thicker than M1 5/10-30 (my previous oil), and very close to M1 0-40. So I did go with a thicker oil. Both are A3/B3 rated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back