2000 Volvo V70 se

Sam_Julier

$50 Site Donor 2024
This was my Dad’s V70. His favorite car next to his ‘87 Volvo 240. The only cars he bought new for himself. He passed at 94 years In September 2018.

My Mom decided to stop driving. My sister got her 2007 Volvo V70 (with 29,000 miles) and I got Dad’s V70.

I’m thrilled. The entire way home I thought of my Dad.

I plan to put it in mint condition. He’ll be giving me a thumbs up every step of the way.

(Currently it has winter tires. Summer tires on OE alloy rims are in the back.)

IMG_5841.jpeg

IMG_5843.jpeg

IMG_5842.jpeg

IMG_5844.jpeg

IMG_5845.jpeg

Last edited:
This is great to hear that these will motor on in your family for some time to come. I will ask how many miles on this 00'? Do you know what oil/filter your pop's ran?

Sam - That’s a great looking car! We talked about the tailgate trim fix, the IPD parts, what oil to run and the transmission cooler - all great ideas that I fully support.

What model are the factory alloys? My favorite for that vintage were the “Argo” - a nice spoked alloy 15” wheel made for that chassis.

Those were good looking wagons, and that’s the color I always think of. Looking forward to the journey on this one!

A 1999 was my first V70; imported from the North Shore of Long Island.
The guy worked for a jet service....he came out west with a pilot having requested a lift to Teterboro.
They needed to ferry a plane to MacArthur.
How many of you have ever bought a car from someone who took a 70 mile jet ride home?

The '98's had a "Volvo" placard where the clear side marker is.

Sam - That’s a great looking car! We talked about the tailgate trim fix, the IPD parts, what oil to run and the transmission cooler - all great ideas that I fully support.

What model are the factory alloys? My favorite for that vintage were the “Argo” - a nice spoked alloy 15” wheel made for that chassis.
The OE rims for this car are the 6 spoke 15” Cetus.

This is great to hear that these will motor on in your family for some time to come. I will ask how many miles on this 00'? Do you know what oil/filter your pop's ran?
111,965 total miles.

Swedish Motor Works in Concord Mass did all the maintenance. Unfortunately just bulk 5W30. See pictures under the valve cover in the oil change I just posted. HPL EC 30 to the rescue!

Last edited:
Great looking wagon. Simple, straightforward, clean design. Nice interior (like most Volvos). The Cetus wheels are one of my favorites (aside from the Pegasus). Keep us posted on progress with the refurb!

Back