2-step Verification

gathermewool

Site Donor 2023
I’ve been updating/checking forum info for security issues and noticed BITOG now supports 2-step verification. Very nice and thank you. I’m assuming it has been available as an option since the update way back when and I just haven’t noticed it.

Reactions: JC1
Has it been a problem that people here have had their accounts hacked and these hackers have posted threads with some dirty words or something? I don't think I have to log on and enter my password more than 2 or there times a year here, usually after the power goes out and the computer shuts down.

I don't think I need 2fa for BITOG. Use a strong, unique password and I'm good to go.

I use a password manager for everything. All my wife and I have to remember is one complicated Dashlane pw.

I do know people who use the same password or variations of the same for everything. Can you imagine someone stealing all of your money AND posting some NSFW stuff in the photo thread!? I don’t know which would be worse.

Has it been a problem that people here have had their accounts hacked and these hackers have posted threads with some dirty words or something? I don't think I have to log on and enter my password more than 2 or there times a year here, usually after the power goes out and the computer shuts down.
It‘s just a free option that some of us might not have known about. I’ll use 2FA every time it’s offered, even to prevent one of you hacker hooligans from trying some funny business!

I‘m on you, @53' Stude :poop:

After 2FA, after supplying my first pet's name and the name of my elementary school, after putting a check mark into the Are you human? box, and after picking all pictures of sidewalks, motorcycles, and utility poles, and after supplying a biometric fingerprint, I am finally able to log into my account with my favorite online pet supplies vendor. National security isn't half as good. Next I get an email telling me the pet supplies shop has been hacked and some terrorists have put a used Kilo class sub on my Visa card. "Or was that really you?"

Last edited:
Back