1968 Yenko Camaro RS/SS

Very cool car, it looks to be in superb condition. The exhaust is interesting, I'm guessing they are some form of straight through mufflers with crimping.

I grew up in Wilton, CT, where rich parents did purchase a nice Porsche or Audi for the graduating. But not once did I see something like this being driven by a recent High School grad.

Very cool car, it looks to be in superb condition. The exhaust is interesting, I'm guessing they are some form of straight through mufflers with crimping.

I grew up in Wilton, CT, where rich parents did purchase a nice Porsche or Audi for the graduating. But not once did I see something like this being driven by a recent High School grad.
Porsche, Audi.......you must be a Millennial (no offense). ;)
I think the way the crimps are in there has something to do with chambering. Anyone know? :unsure:

Thanks for bringing up the exhaust. It led me to this VERY INFORMATIVE site about my favorite year Camaro, 1969! And yes, it has to do with chambering. After you open the link scroll down a bit to read about it.

Thanks for bringing up the exhaust. It led me to this VERY INFORMATIVE site about my favorite year Camaro, 1969! And yes, it has to do with chambering. After you open the link scroll down a bit to read about it.

And still available in the after market today.

The Corvette had chambered exhaust in their factory side pipes/exhaust and Chrysler had chambered exhaust beginning in the mid sixties also. IMO, The best sounding factory exhaust ever.

Porsche, Audi.......you must be a Millennial (no offense). ;)
I think the way the crimps are in there has something to do with chambering. Anyone know? :unsure:
I am 70 years old and [in the San Francisco Bay Area,,I grew up in Millbrae California] people did buy Porsches back then especially if they went to snow ski. Then in the 1970s they became some what trendy.

Or the story which old timers often say that, back in my day, a kid working at the local gas station after school could afford a new Corvette. Yea right.
I got my drivers license in 1969 and my best friends dad owned an auto auction business and he would bring home almost new Corvettes for us to drive during summer vacations with 1 stipulation of if we wrected them there would be no more Corvettes ever. We didn't wreck them, some may have said there were close calls though. I had great teen age years. Corvettes back then did not hold their value back then. I bought a mint 70 Challenger with a stick shift, 340 engine etc for $1600.00. in 1971 my friends dad found for me. In 1972 I was making top union wages working as a grocery clerk at Safeway. Owned a car, boat , motorcycle and bought my first house in 1976. It was a great time to be young. I would love to do it over.

My misspent street racing youth took place in the mid to late’70s. My friends and I fooled with cars that would be worth a fortune today. SS 396 and 454 Chevelles, Z/28s, 428CJ Mustangs, AAR Cudas- even a Mark Donahue Javelin. Back then they were just older used cars…

This is the Yenko that really makes my heart race.

stinger.jpg

We had a guy where I worked at Hechingers in 1984 that had a 1967 Camaro RS, I think that is what it was, well it had 2 white pinstripes that went from the hood , I think they were on the roof and trunck also. The car was midnite blue. The car had a black interior, he sold the car to a guy who rolled it over a few times. So this guy that rolled the car calls the guy from Hechingers who sold him the car and said do you think you can fix this.

Well the car was 2 far gone 2 do anything 2 it.

Back