1927 Chevrolets being delivered to the Bresee Chevrolet dealership in Syracuse, New York

1683817685495.jpg

Yeah they can really color in old photos so well now. Not sure how it is done (computer obviously) but it's pretty good.

Most cars had different colors available, except the Model T during its prime production years. Some of the colors were surprisingly bright. The main issue is that pigmented varnish was the main product used to paint metal then, and it needed maintenance and renewal. Ford chose black japan (varnish) because it dried the fastest under heat lamps. Modern automotive and metal paints did not appear until the 1920s.

This must be a colorized photo. I don't think they had those car colors back then. Weren't they all black?
I'm sure that is a colorized photo, but you are thinking of the Ford Model T. By 1927, there were lots of colors available.
Yeah they can really color in old photos so well now. Not sure how it is done (computer obviously) but it's pretty good.
Here is the list of colors available for the 1927 Chevrolet. It's quite a long list.

Even back then 1920s delivery trucks are more advanced than current 3rd world countries, (i'm talking about the delivery process).

What's the address of this place?

I'm in the area and go through Syracuse all the time. I'm guessing it's west / northwest of downtown based on how flat it is?

It's at 201 W Willow St.

Correct! Just slightly W/NW of downtown. I dont live in Syracuse, havent actually been there for a few years. I just googled the dealership name and one of the historic photos mentioned Willow St and I mapped it. I have a geeky hobby of looking at old historic pictures and seeing if any of the buildings in them still exist.

It's at 201 W Willow St.

Correct! Just slightly W/NW of downtown. I dont live in Syracuse, havent actually been there for a few years. I just googled the dealership name and one of the historic photos mentioned Willow St and I mapped it. I have a geeky hobby of looking at old historic pictures and seeing if any of the buildings in them still exist.

Pretty soon my commute will be changing and I will be driving past that spot every day. When I first moved out here, a local mega dealer bought out the Bresee Chevrolet franchise - but it was in the suburbs by then.

Back