'19 trax or '16 certified trax...several oil ???'s

Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a lot of sensitive people in this thread.

Anywho,

Originally Posted by kmrcstintn
I am looking at new vehicles...among them is a '19 chevy trax or a certified '16 chevy trax; I have a few oil questions...

1) are both years the same dexos spec? dexos 1 or dexos 2? Dexos 1 gen 2 is what you're looking for. Both will use this spec.

2) where can I find a list of dexos certified oils? Probably on their website.

3) what is the maximum oil change interval (in miles) that GM oil life monitors allow for synblend or full syn dexos oils? There's a lot of variables- just follow the OLM and you'll be fine.

4) recommended oil filters for these oci's? You'll find a lot of answers (ie: opinions). Run whatever makes you happy. I personally either run OEM or Fram Ultra, but that's just me.

thanks...

One final note, the world is full of things much worse than the postings of a stranger on a message board. Don't let such a little thing get to you.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by JustN89

where can I find a list of dexos certified oils? Probably on their website.

Thanks for that link
thumbsup2.gif

GM only recently stopped using CQA to run their dexos licensing program to take it in-house. The site you listed is rather new. Maybe the mods can make a sticky with that link

Originally Posted by Nick1994
Why should we have pride if American cars suck? Have you ever driven a new Malibu? Embarrassing!

Be realistic. Has any vehicle with "Malibu" as it's model name ever done anything except suck?

Originally Posted by Garak
Originally Posted by Nick1994
Why should we have pride if American cars suck? Have you ever driven a new Malibu? Embarrassing!

Be realistic. Has any vehicle with "Malibu" as it's model name ever done anything except suck?

Actually, my coworker has a 1.5 Malibu he bought brand new maybe a month ago. He uses it for commuting and driving for Lyft. Besides mediocre headlight performance he loves his car. And it looks better than any competing import. He would have bought a Fusion but the back seat headroom is better on the Malibu. Plenty of great American cars out there! And when it comes to trucks American automakers have that figured out yet constantly innovate. The Tundra is not a bad truck but the platform and drivetrain haven't been updated for sooooo long it gets like half the MPG of a Silverado or F-150. And Ram delivers similar performance to a Tundra at 2/3 the price.

Last edited:
I'm just giving the platform a hard time. They certainly have been workhorses for years, but models with the name "Malibu" have done little to elicit passion from anyone since the name came out. I'd say exactly the same thing about a Camry or a Fusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back