17in Honda Mower

Wanted to share my latest project. It is a Honda HR17 from the early 1980s. It's in good shape and appears to have had very little use based on the compression test and the wear on the blade clutch and wheels. It surged a bit but a thorough carburetor cleaning fixed it up. I have ordered a few new parts for it as well as done a little bit of cosmetic tidying up. It is kind of a unique machine so I figured I would share. It is parked next to my standard sized HR215 to give scale.
522ED9A9-B336-4B34-B8C5-53E79826E927.jpeg

Beautiful! Need more pix of both. Where is the pull cord handle on the HR17?
Thank you. The pull cord runs inside of the main tube of the handle. I’ll get some pics of it tomorrow as well as the little 76cc engine.

The HR215 has a few upgrades. I added electric start off a junk mower that was totally worn out but had all of the electric start components in working order. I also sourced some 9in aluminum wheels from the commercial version of the mower from the same era. That got me a little higher cut and sealed bearings at all four corners. I also added sealed bearing for the rear axle supports, deck guards, and handle bar supports.

Back