16 year old and scam site

My 16 year old has a visa gift card given a year ago and went to website on card check balance. She omitted an l letter in vanillagift and ends up on a scam link that collected card info and charged her gift card the balance of $50 . We have put a complaint in with gift card which they will dispute vendor. Guessing vendor won’t but giving 50/50 we ever see money.

Just feel bad.

I wrote a bot in an hour using web software testing software to continuously fill out/submit the scammer site with random numbers but have not set that off except to test. Not sure I will but made me feel better.

If your first attempts don't work file a complaint with the CFPB. The card was charged for a service not rendered and the bank should be responsive.

If your first attempts don't work file a complaint with the CFPB. The card was charged for a service not rendered and the bank should be responsive.
Depends, since this is not a credit card but a gift card they may not be able to do much as a bank / lender.

Report to the FTC.

My son, at 10 Years old, racked up a $240 bill in a game that allowed “in app purchases”. Woke him up at 130 in the morning to figure out what was going on. He (and his parents) learned a valuable lesson that day. We killed all in app purchases and he checks things over very carefully before agreeing to anything.

Back