13,000 miles on cheap dino !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Tim13
How bout a story involving too much oil? I have an idiot bro-n-law who though you had to fill the oil right up to the bottom of the filler cap! He had foamy oil coming out of every seal in the motor!

A man at Advance did that one day while I was there. I saw him take a 5qt jug out to his car. He came back in and got another. Ok, I guess he's getting a spare. Then he came back in and got another. I went outside and asked him if he'd poured it all into his engine. He pointed to the filler hole and said, "It's not full." I pulled out the dipstick and oil actually spewed out of the dipstick hole, it was so overfull. Turned out he'd put four five quart jugs in it.

I should have posted this earlier...just getting around to it now...

FIL has a 2004 Silverado 4.8L that he rarely does oil changes on due to lack of time, money..etc..

Recently, his truck was sitting on about 30-40k miles on an OC...yes, that's correct...don't really know what the oil was...

Truck ran like a top...started right up, ran smooth...

Recently he had some health problems, so his son wanted to make his truck more reliable for dr. trips..etc..so he treated his truck to an oil change...and I helped with the process...

You should have seen the oil that came out...ink black, super-thick, and chunky...I mean actual lumps in it.

Refilled the truck with Motomaster synthetic (Shell synthetic)...engine still fires right up, runs smooth...no ticks, knocks...those 4.8's are tough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back