12 volt battery reads 6 volts

If you had a good charger you might try rehabilitating it but most likely you will need to take it to the store and exchange it for another similar one to get the voltage you need.

It had 12 volts like a week ago. Sometimes it wouldnt power the electric power wheels, so i woul stimulate it with a 110 v direct wire. I added distilled water as it was empty. The chargeris a 1 amp charger and it doesnt charge it.

It looks a bit expanded. Nopei use it on power wheel cars.
20210824_071453.jpg

The water going away means overcharging -- either the charger is bad or you're using a manual charger improperly-- and as stated the battery is toast. You need a new battery. You'll have better results with a small automatic charger instead of the simple manual one that comes with a Power Wheels toy.

How often has this vehicle been used and how old is the battery? I've been running a charger on my batteries once every 10-14 days to keep them topped up.

how about buying another faulty 6v battery and connecting it in series😅

Being serious, sounds like some of the cell plates have died or cracked (in case of flooded battery). Personnaly, I would buy a new battery.

Back