10’ Land Rover Range Rover - 5.0 V8 NA (133k) (4,720 Mile interval) (LM 0W-40)

This is of my 2010 Range Rover with the 5.0 Naturally Aspirated V8. We are the original owner, it's been running the same viscosity (5W-40/0W-40) for the last 10 years and we have never run an interval over 6k miles. I started doing these analysis after the vehicle went over the 100k mark, it had its timing chains done at around 68k miles, a OTS (Of the Shelf) tune from Eurocharged which was installed at 70k miles, and the engine oil cooler was done around 112k miles. New injectors, coils, plugs, valve cover, pcv at 130k miles.

Since the timing chain repair this vehicle has been running the same exact Liqui-Moly oil. During this recent interval, I added about 500 ml of Ceratec, I have to say I did notice my engine oil temps running cooler by 2-3 degree F.

Attachments

• IMG_9268.jpeg
    IMG_9268.jpeg
    171.6 KB · Views: 94
What do you think the spike at 123k was from? It seems to be trending down which is a good sign but it doesn't line up with any of the work you mentioned.

What do you think the spike at 123k was from? It seems to be trending down which is a good sign but it doesn't line up with any of the work you mentioned.
Honestly, no idea. When the valve covers were off, a cursory check was done of the valvetrain and everything seemed healthy. I haven’t noticed any abnormal sounds or vibrations either

Honestly, no idea. When the valve covers were off, a cursory check was done of the valvetrain and everything seemed healthy. I haven’t noticed any abnormal sounds or vibrations either
Good deal... I think whatever caused the spike is temporary according to the trend & 17 PPM isn't bad for the mileage. What does BS say about the miles for their universal mileage?

It's good to see yours is doing pretty well - these vehicles do not have a good reputation for longevity, especially over 100K.

It's good to see yours is doing pretty well - these vehicles do not have a good reputation for longevity, especially over 100K.
I wish there were more great mechanics... Can't hardly find one that knows how to use a torque wrench little lone fix an issue on a LR. :LOL: I'd imagine that's what happens to these premium auto's since they are usually packed with all the goodies there's more to go wrong then it adds up, then off to trade-in where they cycle repeats of no good mechanic. On the flip side there are some owners that will ignore the CEL as if it doesn't mean anything or that they don't have enough funds for any repairs.

Last edited:
Good deal... I think whatever caused the spike is temporary according to the trend & 17 PPM isn't bad for the mileage. What does BS say about the miles for their universal mileage?
The Iron spike was higher than normal but given that its dropped back to average, not too sure. It's just weird that prior the wear metals were fairly low but then they spiked.

They definitely require some more love and care! Helps that we have had Rovers since 96' so we have been through the worst for now! Preventative maintenance and knowing the weak points is key.

Back