08 Silverado 4.8 horrible accelration/MPG Stumped ??

Sooooo Anyways lol............ I'm gonna try and trans service pan drop, New fluid,filter and gasket and a MAF cleaning

Think my truck is haunted ?? Tonight on way home from work on highway the gauge cluster starting acting weird, heard a clicking sound ?? radio was shutting off and on and headlights flickering ?? Once I got off highway it all stopped ??

Dave
Maybe a bad ground somewhere?

If, hypothetically, it was tuned by someone previously then they may have shut off a monitor which is preventing a check engine light that would help identify the problem.

Sounds like how these trucks drive when the knock sensor starts to fail and it pulls a bunch of timing. Power drops way down and fuel economy does as well. Drive it around with a live scanner and if you're only seeing a max of 3-6 degrees of timing advance while driving around then that is your problem. I went through this with my Yukon.

If, hypothetically, it was tuned by someone previously then they may have shut off a monitor which is preventing a check engine light that would help identify the problem.

Sounds like how these trucks drive when the knock sensor starts to fail and it pulls a bunch of timing. Power drops way down and fuel economy does as well. Drive it around with a live scanner and if you're only seeing a max of 3-6 degrees of timing advance while driving around then that is your problem. I went through this with my Yukon.

OH NUTS !! Not the freakin $$$Knock$$$sensor job ?? 😦 😬 .

Thanks for that info . i'll have let my mechanic know to do that "test" next appointment right now he's doing plugs/wires and A/C service on my "New Score" Escalade :cool::p getting it ready for a family trip

Dave

Forgot all about the rusted out KS harnesses! That's a great thing to check!!! I cannot recall where the harness connects for you to measure output and reisitance without disassembly.

Gen IV LSx's have the knock sensors located on the side of the block, The Gen III engines have them under the intake manifold.

Has exhaust back pressure been checked yet? Though these will usually set MAF Performance or Low Frequency DTC's in the event of a clogged catalyst.

If you need the calibration/tune file looked over.....PM me.

+1 on possible bad cat.
I'm with Trav on this one.

But supton does have a point in making sure the brakes aren't sticking. Feel the wheels. I had a 96' Chevy pickup that the master cylinder was sticking and my wheels would be hot as heck.

This isn't Facebook if you have nothing productive to add, keep it to yourself.
Not sure how my comment was taken offensively at all, much less enough to apparently be deleted, but I now understand simple jokes aren't allowed. My apologies? Regarding adding something "productive," I'll remind everyone that I pointed out the thread starter's misbelief about his own vehicle.

Not sure how my comment was taken offensively at all, much less enough to apparently be deleted, but I now understand simple jokes aren't allowed. My apologies? Regarding adding something "productive," I'll remind everyone that I pointed out the thread starter's misbelief about his own vehicle.

Jokes ??? Your comments came of arrogant and VERY rude hence why they were deleted. Just stop man, Just STOP :rolleyes:

Not a "MISBELIEF" I was going by GM RPO description under my VIN that I posted earlier and what my mechanic told me my engine has a AFM block off plate on top. I never have owned this gen LSX 4.8 and was told "they all had AFM"

At the end of the day i'm VERY happy it doesn't have that AFM garbage

Dave

I was trying to prevent false information.

Misbelief (noun) - "a wrong or false belief or opinion"

It was a joke. Also sorry you didn't understand it.

I wasn't trying to attack you. But speaking of "arrogant" and "VERY rude"
:unsure: :rolleyes: Ya I knew that. Just choose to ignore them and just answer your comments :ROFLMAO:(y):cool:

21 posts and your comments are a little trollish ??

You want to call GM and tell them it doesn't exist ?? :unsure: :rolleyes:
You swung first. Stay out of the kitchen if you can't handle the heat. Not apologizing for being right.

Now that we've cleared the air, if you're finished derailing the thread (I am), let's resume getting you fixed.

Back