‘06 Odyssey - Parasitic Drain

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this vehicle have a voltage gauge or just a battery light? If it has a gauge at what voltage does it quit running?

Thanks for the input

Car dies immediately... no time to even depress accelerator pedal

I haven’t been to check voltage while running

Just an idiot light on dash... no gauge unfortunately

I ordered an ignition starter switch... should arrive tomorrow. Trav’s most recent comment reminded about a very similar situation I had with an older accord... $25 fix maybe?

At this point, I won’t be surprised if I’ll need to replace the battery once I get this sorted out... an alternator as well?

Will get AAA out here when I move on to that phase.

Picked up a battery tender plus as well which I’ll throw on tomorrow... might be too dead now to even work? We’ll see

Again, thank you all for all the input... why doesn’t this stuff ever happen when it’s nice and warm out?

wait.... it runs only as you are releasing the key from start? "Car dies immediately... no time to even depress accelerator pedal". that suggests faulty IGN switch.

-m

Originally Posted By: meep
wait.... it runs only as you are releasing the key from start? "Car dies immediately... no time to even depress accelerator pedal". that suggests faulty IGN switch.

-m

Thanks Meep... that’s my hope. Well, hope might not be the best word

I ordered a component for ignition (as opposed to complete cylinder) that I hope might do the trick... should be here tomorrow. $25 vs $170

Have the battery charging now

Hope the cheap alternative works.... will know by Thursday evening

I suppose if I replace the module and the symptoms persist, then my next step is to replace the entire cylinder?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back