06 Mustang with the 2 piece spark plugs ugggg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Bosch now makes iridium plugs for that engine. They are made in Germany. Iridium is usually good for 100k. Part number 96322

The problem with leaving the plugs in for that long is carbon build-up on the interference fit portion of the spark plug. That is what causes them to break upon removal.

The problem is that it's a stupid 2-piece spark plug developed for no reason by a company that doesn't actually know how to make spark plugs. This would NEVER happen with NGK!
mad.gif
crazy2.gif

Plenty of cars with iridium in them that don't break when removed after 100k or even more
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: gmh101357
I looked on Bosch website and they dont list any plugs for the 05 through mid 081/2 Mustangs 4.6

Is there any meaningful difference between the 05-08 and 08-10 4.6? If not, you can use the iridium Bosch with no problems
smile.gif

You can contact Bosch and ask them if it will work, or why it wouldn't. But if it was my car, I'd try the Bosch anyway

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
Is there any meaningful difference between the 05-08 and 08-10 4.6? If not, you can use the iridium Bosch with no problems
smile.gif

You can contact Bosch and ask them if it will work, or why it wouldn't. But if it was my car, I'd try the Bosch anyway

The heads are different, they don't thread in on the newer design heads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back