Zaino, Klasse AIO, and Liquid Glass Polish

Status
Not open for further replies.
These polishes last the longest or most durable.
worshippy.gif
The Liquid Glass I have used since 1979 and found it to be the most useful for removing scratches and hiding all blemishes. I used the Klasse AIO and Klasse Sealant on a car that had 30+ coats of Liquid Glass Polish and after that the car still looked great but in a different way.
gr_eek2.gif
However you could now see every swirl and scratch.
shocked.gif
pat.gif

Well you could see every scratch because the AIO is a cleaner. It took all 30+ coats of Liquid Glass off your car, revealing the blemishes. Klasse AIO is like a sealant, polish and cleaner all in one (hence the name). Klasse AIO can't be layered because it removes whatever is already on the surface. When you use it you're prepping the surface of your car (think new canvas) for coats of the SG or any type of wax. Clay and Klasse really give you something clean and smooth to work with.

Get some clay and some medium cut polish to get rid of the swirls and scratches. Apply Klasse AIO and SG every 6-12 months. Use a good coat (or two) of carnauba wax after each wash.

... or you could continue to hide the blemishes.

If you don't want to actually fix the swirls and scratches, Klasse is not for you.

I will go back to Liquid Glass Polish on this car. Can you imagine all of those coats and the time to apply all of that GONE
banghead.gif
pat.gif
thumbsdown.gif

Are you sure that Liquid Glass is layerable? Doesn't it have some cleaning properties? If so, it likely isn't 100% layerable as applying a second coat removes some of/all of the first coat.

The instructions on the container tell of applying a second coat later for additional protection.

When I used NuFinish and other products I noticed how they would quickly cut through the little spots I had missed while washing. And, they would "grab a little black" from rubber trim. That told me they contained some sort of cleaning agent.

With the Liquid Glass I don't see this in action. I can't prove the product doesn't remove previously applied product but, just by observation it appears the second coat does not cut through anything.... it merely lays down and dies... uhhhh drys.

I love liquid glass. I'm pretty sure it is layerable, the instructions say to allow at least 4 hours in between coats, and that more coats will produce a more durable, deep glossy look. Some members on this site have said that liquid glass does in fact contain cleaners and isn't very layerable, that 2 applications is more like 1.5. However on the liquid glass website, it says it does not contain any cleaners. So i dont really know what to believe.

http://www.liquidglass.com/FAQ.htm

Zaino's system is the best I've used. Works fantastic at all levels. This includes on a black show car and a Navy Blue Metallic street driver. NBM is a bigger PITA than black IMO!

Mark

Klasse for sure. If you get the sealant glaze, you're protected for up to 12 months.

Use Klasse AIO & Sealant Glaze together and you'd be hard pressed to find a better rock solid performer.

I emailed liqquid glass about the silica since i noticed it as well in their msds, and heres what they said about it

"Liquid Glass Polish/Finish contains inert filler (Amorphorus Silica). Inert (inactive or powerless) filler is used to add body to the mixture. There is no abrasive."

I posted this comparo on another forum:

-------------------------------------------------

SEALANTS - Duragloss 111 vs. Zaino Z2-PRO

111 has the look, feel and performance of an old skool aminofuncitional siloxane sealant. Pretty easy to use and remove, dusts a little, leave a nice shine but not spectacular. After a couple washes it stops beading for the most part and starts sheeting water. Reminds me of stuff like Finish First, Liquid Glass, Meg's #20, Astro Shield, etc. Z2-PRO is in a different league in terms of application process and product performance. No comparison here, Z2-PRO kills 111 on most counts, provided you follow the process and use it correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back