Any AMSOIL ATF Success Stories?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone used AMSOIL ATF for a long period of time with success? What do you think drain intervals should be?

AMSOIL advertises that the ATF will last up to 3 times the life of dino ATF, which most recommend changing NLT 30K. My concern is would AMSOIL be good for 90K? Or do users of AMSOIL do a drop and drain every so often (30K?) and refill with 6-7 quarts of AMSOIL.

I have no doubt that AMSOIL is better for your trans, but would like to guage the maximum and safe drain interval. Thanks!

Robert,

I just started with Amsoil ATF about a year and a half ago/18,000 miles. So far so good.

The only way to make sure that you could go 90,000 miles is through oil/fluid analysis. It would be wise to take sample for analysis every 30,000 miles. That is the only way to know with any certainty.

My personal goal is to go 60,000 miles or twice as long.

Changed the ATF in my old Dodge 350 at 60K, shortly after I got it.
Oil sample at 200K, just before it got towed off (severe rusting), and fluid was fine except they noted I had a high copper reading. Acceptable was something like 6 ppm, and mine was at 8 or so.
Of course, the acceptable was based on 15,000 miles rather than 140,000.
My 1985 Saab 900T has 196,000 miles on it--been running AMSOIL ATF since about 15,000 (when neighbor still owned it). Yep, have to add a quart every few months, because there is a leaky 0-ring at the torque converter. And that never happened before I put AMSOIL in it.

Friend had to take a 15 passenger Ford diesel van off the road. Engine and transmission fine, but body falling off the frame at 920,000 miles.

I put the ATF in my new 1996 Chevrolet Silverado Ext Cab 4X4 Z71 pickup. It went in about 10-15,000 miles. Wanted it in there sooner but the trans shop was busy and wanted to wait for some slack time to do this small job.

I have since sold that truck to a good friend I see almost daily. He bought in in 2000 with 50,000 miles, he is now over 100,000. He uses the truck in his full service station business, he plows snow, tows car + drives the truck just about day. He was just asking me when I was getting new truck (2001 GMC now) becuase he wants it. I never told him there was synthetic ATF in the trans, never occured to me till he mentioned last week that he should change his trans filter and he asked me if I ever did that to mu current truck.

btw-He has not had any mechanical problems with the truck.

[ August 14, 2003, 08:30 AM: Message edited by: Mike ]

92 Camry, did a drain and fill at 25,000 with Amsoil ATF and then every 30,000 since. Never have done a flush. I have a plug so drain and fill easy to do. Pan off twice so far, a waste of time though. Pan clean, screen clean slight debris build up on magnet. So far 157,000 miles. How long can you go between changes. Probably 50,000-60,000 easy, so much depends on how easy it is to change it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back