2006 Tundra 4.7L V8, Amsoil Signature 5W-30, 8.8K

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the latest UOA on the 2006 Tundra. For those of you that follow all my threads on my vehicles, I have switched all of them to the appropriate viscosity of Amsoil signature series. In this vehicle, 5W-30 is used. I am also performing change intervals at 1 year or 10,000 miles in all four of my vehicles. The only reason I changed it at 8,849 miles is the weather is turning cold, and I wanted to change the oil before it got much colder.

Virgin TAN on this oil is about 4.2. Also - note that the previous UOA on 8/6/13 at 112,559 miles is on the SAME oil as the current UOA, although I did have to add 0.75 quarts at the 5,500 mile mark.

Based on this result and the results on my other three vehicles, I am pretty confident that Amsoil signature series will work fine in all four vehicles at 1 year, 10K mile intervals.

Comments?

Originally Posted By: btanchors

Based on this result and the results on my other three vehicles, I am pretty confident that Amsoil signature series will work fine in all four vehicles at 1 year, 10K mile intervals.

Comments?

I totally agree that all of these vehicles will do well with 1y/10k OCI's. I really appreciate your contributions to BITOG btanchors. Great engines!

Last edited:
Just viewed all of you UOA's...they all will work, but it seems they could be better, all had higher than average wear numbers in one way or another. I just would say these are "excellent" reports, but good enough.

Is this the Amsoil that is supposed to last 25K (under the right conditions, of course)? Seems like it could make it to 10K as you want, but maybe not too much past that. Do you short trip quite a bit?

2010_FX4 -

I do indeed "short trip" quite a bit on all these vehicles. The Camry and the 2011 Tundra had several long highway trips as well, but all had mostly short trips.

I do believe Amsoil signature could make it to 25K miles if all the miles were long highway trips. These short trips really are much harder on the oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back