Wal*Mart and Jiffy Lube Unite

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was in a local Wal*Mart yesterday and noticed that the TLE was now branded as Jiffy Lube.

Has anyone else seen this?

Not that I would use one, but it took me by surprise to see this.

Sorry if this is a re-post and/or the wrong category.

Was reading on a WM blog about them getting out of the TLE business in some places due to stiff competition.

Could be a sublease situation under different management like Murphy gas stations or the optometrist.

Funny thing is, when I try to search google, nothing comes up linking the two. When I got to Jiffy Lube's website, they don't list this store as being a Jiffy Lube location.

I wonder if it is some sort of "test drive?"

I hope not. I don't want a bunch of jiffy boobs working at wally's. dangerous situation there. lol

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
I hope not. I don't want a bunch of jiffy boobs working at wally's. dangerous situation there. lol

I doubt that the workers at one are any better/worse than the workers at the other. I dont see how a wage slave at one can do any better/worse job than a wage slave at another.

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: Cutehumor

I doubt that the workers at one are any better/worse than the workers at the other. I dont see how a wage slave at one can do any better/worse job than a wage slave at another.

Agreed. Lowest price will often get you the lowest quality of service. Didn't someone recently post an article where a lady went into Walmart for an oil change? They drained the old oil and apparently sent her off forgetting to put fresh oil in.

Though a good increase to me in Business.

AVG Person thinks WM TLE is garbage
AVG No nothing person trusts Jiffy Lube (Sister is one of them)

Some people will think WM "Upgraded" and the techs know what theyre doing.

I applaud WM for another Sneaky Marketing trick that to the Avg Person thinks they "Upgraded"

Im sure if this goes through, you'll see WM with signs "Upgraded to the Jiffy Lube brand, trusted for XX Years"

Cant be all that bad though, Atleast Jiffy Lubes use decent filters, in QS or Pennzoil filters, versus the Frams... Unless to cut corners walmart will just use the Frams instead?

I want the Supertech Filter back LOL

But it's something new for Jiffy Lube as well, as they will also being doing the Tires portion of Tire and Lube Express.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back