Pepper Spray Question Chemist opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to ask opinions. My friend uses Vexor at the jail.
They say the below

1) Does this make sense? That it's 15 mil SHU, 0% OC 1.45 MC.That the refine it so much it's 0% OC and that works?

2) Would it be hotter than the UDAP Bear Spray at 3mil SHU 10%OC and 2% MC or their other 3 Mil SU 15% ansd 3%

What is VEXOR's Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) rating?
VEXOR's SHU rating is 15 million.

What is the OC concentration in VEXOR?
The VEXOR technology process pharmaceutically removes inactive oleoresin ingredients that have no effectiveness in OC weapons and no benefit to the law enforcement community in controlling unruly subjects. This process leaves only pure capsaicinoids, making VEXOR the hottest pepper spray available today. Therefore, VEXOR's OC concentration is 0%.

How much capsaicin is in VEXOR?
VEXOR contains 1.45% pure and natural capsaicinoids derived from chili peppers.

Capsaicinoids are the only ingredients in OC or chili peppers that cause a burning sensation and inflammation of mucous membranes.

Why is VEXOR more effective and much faster acting than other OC brands?
While other pepper sprays use OC with a Scoville Heat Unit (SHU) rating ranging between 500,000 and two million, VEXOR — with a pure capsaicinoid concentration of 1.45% — has a high-performance 15 million SHU. Although no weapon or product can claim 100% effectiveness, this new fast-acting formula produces more consistent results far beyond the performance of current pepper sprays.

Pepper sprays with low capsaicinoid levels (for example, 0.18%) are not fast acting and often require time to take effect. Furthermore, pepper sprays with capsaicinoid levels up to 0.80% have been shown to produce inconsistent results and are often not effective on all subjects profile.

VEXOR's new formula contains an appropriate measure of capsaicinoids intended to produce quicker, more consistent results than other OC products.

This was on another site

Capsaicinoid Concentration is the determination of active components in Oleoresin Capsicum. Capsaicinoids are the group of compounds that cause the burning sensation. There are the three main compounds that make up about 95% of the Capsaicinoids: Capsaicin, Dihydrocapsaicin, and Nordihydrocapsaicin. The Capsaicinoid Concentration is the amount of these compounds in a certain solution. Therefore, by measuring the amount of capsaicinoids, an accurate level of pungency can be determined for the solution. This is the unit of measurement that is the most consistent and best representation throughout all grades of Oleoresin Capsicum. In essence, it is the equaling factor between SHU's and % OC.

While the strength of the selected peppers may vary from year to year or between seasons, the measurement of capsaicinoids is consistent in determining that hotness. A 0.2% Capsaicinoid Concentration will yield the same amount of hotness, regardless of the batch of peppers or their location of cultivation. For this reason, it is the only accurate method of determining the pungency of peppers. The current detection method for this analysis is by High-Performance Liquid Chromatography, HPLC.4 Therefore, by establishing quality control monitoring the capsaicinoid concentration, a consistent strength or pungency can be easily obtained and verified by this analysis.

Last edited:
LOL
I should send them out for a test and put it online. Everyone says in tests byy independant labs ours shows as the best. Then they don't show you the test. LOL

Last edited:
I'm no expert by any means, but from what I've read, the most important factor as far as heat is concerned with pepper spray is the percent of major capsaicinoids. Vexor's spray, from what I've read, is the only spray that is safe and will continue working below 32 degrees. It's safe from -20F to 120F. That's an important factor. Also, they make a spray that will work upside down.

I had an expired microspin Vexor and had my brother spray me with it. It was wicked; I couldn't open my eyes until after 20 minutes and it took several flushes of water to recover.

I know people like to say some individuals are immune to pepper spray, but from what I've read, it's tear gas that some people are immune to. Getting hit with OC produces an immediate involuntary response.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
I had an expired microspin Vexor wicked; I couldn't open my eyes until after 20 minutes and it took several flushes of water to recover.
I know people like to say some individuals are immune to pepper spray, but from what I've read, it's tear gas that some people are immune to. Getting hit with OC produces an immediate involuntary response.

From all I have seen some sprays are 10 times stronger than the weak ones. (I have not seen any good ones sold in stores)

If someone says it didn't bother them was it a weak spray?
There is a lot of garbage out there

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back