Rotella T6 5W-40 manufactured 01/27/12

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wanted to get this tested as I like to use a higher zinc oil in my car. Someone who gets regular analysis done for a heavy equipment business said they had dropped the zinc but none of the more recent used analyses I've seen seemed to back that up. Decided to drop the twenny-fi bucks to put it to rest. Maybe it was the 30W version he was talking about?

6980463061_bf4a8a6af3_b.jpg

I used t6 for a long time, ran it 10 k miles and 15 k miles oci. always did well, no oil usage or leaks in my old van. Engine failure at 300k, but that was due to bad oil pump . old 318 was a good engine, darn that oil pump .

Maybe he was comparing it to the older CI spec which was typically about 1400 to 1500 ppm.

Originally Posted By: jstutz
Maybe he was comparing it to the older CI spec which was typically about 1400 to 1500 ppm.

I should've been more clear....he said it was down to 800ppm, in line with a 20-30 weight SM/SN. Already had a couple gallons in the garage and didn't want them to go to waste so I bought a new quart to have tested.

On a previous UOA of T6 (By BobFout)Blackstone has pretty much the same numbers except for flash. They said BobFout's sample had a flash of only 410 but yours shows 440. Again, I believe this shows Blackstone's irregularities. They at least have the additives in similar numbers.

I have not yet seen a UOA of T6 with 800ppm. I believe this is a mistake in whoever analyzed the oil or he was told inaccurate information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back