Do Miller make any good beers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because they are in the process of buying Fosters.

Goldman Sachs prepared the investor notification, and it looks like they are pretty good with the "Ctrl C" "Ctrl V" form of report writing.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Here's a better question, does Fosters make any good beers? :p

Do Americans own Vegemite ???

Or a bear..well youknow what

If I complained about Foster's, someone would rebut that I should try it on draft, or as it's spelled elsewhere, draught.

People here mostly buy it for the novelty of the double-size can.

Miller makes a good "I've been working all day and it's hot out and I need something cold to pound" beer.

I wouldn't worry about ownership, as Budweiser is made by Stella Artois, which mostly means that where you can buy Bud, you can now buy Stella. The Belgians haven't messed with Bud's ricey adjunct recipe, so why would Miller mess with Fosters?

Originally Posted By: eljefino

Miller makes a good "I've been working all day and it's hot out and I need something cold to pound" beer.

+1

I drink a lot of beer, so, in an effort to maintain my 34" waist I usually order a LITE. I find Miller LITE (the original LITE beer) and Millers best seller, to be the best.
Coors Light is too watery.
Bud Light is OK but has 5 grams of carbs vs. 3.2 for Millers.
Bud's Select is on par with Miller LITE (very good for a light beer).
Of course Amstel, Beck's or Heineken lights are very good too.

PS: I don't believe Miller (or Bud) are American companies any more.

Originally Posted By: pbm
PS: I don't believe Miller (or Bud) are American companies any more.

Correct. Miller is owned by UK-based SABMiller.

Bud is made by Anheuser-Busch InBev, based in Belgium.

Funny. MillerCoors is literally maybe 3 miles from me down I-35W and I have never taken their brewery tour.

The Miller and Coors beers I have had have been pretty bland and boring American mega-beers. Miller Lite is a little more robust and a little sweeter than Bud-Light but not much.

In college, we would take the Pabst brewery tour for free beers. Pabst is typical American Mega-brewery bad beer, but they had some suprises that they exported to Europe, Africa, and Canada.

Spoetzel Brewery (Shiner) cuts you off at two beers. Pabst did not cut us off until we were buzzed good and proper.

Miller once produced a red label ,brown bottle beer(we called it miller red at the bar)in the 90's that was pretty good.Had much more flavor than Millers other offerings.Sadly it disappeared.

Originally Posted By: pbm
I drink a lot of beer, so, in an effort to maintain my 34" waist I usually order a LITE. I find Miller LITE (the original LITE beer) and Millers best seller, to be the best.

I drink Miller Lite too but I don't drink much beer at all - maybe three times a year. Tastes perfectly fine to me!

cheers3.gif

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
Miller High Life is a very decent beer.

Here's a better question, does Fosters make any good beers? :p

I agree. Although not a big beer drinker myself, I do enjoy the old original High Life. Too many dry, bitter, and simply nasty beers out there for my simple tastes. Most of the original old beers that are still around are what I call 'real' beer. I guess my pallet is just a plain old common one when it comes to beer.

Originally Posted By: andrewg
Too many dry, bitter, and simply nasty beers out there for my simple tastes. Most of the original old beers that are still around are what I call 'real' beer.

Haha... I guess it depends on one's reference point. I grew up in Europe, so the more dry/bitter beer is actually what I'd consider original/real. But I don't mind having something more subtle/lighter now and then. It really depends on the situation. If I'm just thirsty on a hot day, I'll be drinking the more diluted lighter stuff so that I don't become intoxicated too quickly. If I just want to sip on something and indulge in flavors, German wheat beer is hard to beat.

Count me among the Miller High Life fans. I have a section of the wine cellar dedicated to beer and while it's well stocked with home brews, craft beers, good mass produced beers, and all manner of oddballs, I always have some High Life cans in there too. It's just a solid beer that for $14 a 30 pack can't be beat.

jeff

Originally Posted By: eljefino
If I complained about Foster's, someone would rebut that I should try it on draft, or as it's spelled elsewhere, draught.

Hint : Aussies don't drink Fosters', we export that as a joke I think.

Brands that do get consumed are VB, Carlton Draight (not bad on tap), Carlton Dry (not bad), Crown Lager (dishwater, expensive dishwater)...they also make Corona and Guinness under licence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back