Peak 10w40 SN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hadn't seen a UOA or a VOA for any of the Peak Performance Motor Oils. So here ya go. I was thinking about running some of this in my Scout but I think I'll pass.

Html:

ALUMINUM 0

CHROMIUM 0

IRON 0

COPPER 0

LEAD 0

TIN 0

MOLY 0

NICKEL 0

MANGANESE 0

SILVER 0

TITANIUM 0

POTASSIUM 1

BORON 2

SILICON 2

SODIUM 304

CALCIUM 1354

MAGNESIUM 5

PHOSPHORUS 611

ZINC 741

BARIUM 0

SUS VIS @ 210 74.8 64-76

cST VIS @ 100 14.21 11.3-14.8

FLASHPOINT 415

...but Danica Patrick as a spokesperson ought to be worth something....
I don't run 10w40 but I'd bet the 5w30 would do fine for a 3 or 4K OCI im most apps....

Thanks again.

My understanding is the Peak is distributed by "Old World Industries" and the oil is bottled by Warren Performance Parts out of Nebraska. On the bottom of the container is usually the WPP or WNE stamped into the container.

From what I understand...Warren is supplied with base oil stock from all the major oil manufactures....Shell, Castrol/BP, CP, Chevron/Texaco, Mobil etc......

This Peak oil could be, or it might be, made from a batch supplied by CP,Valvoline, Castrol or Chevron/Texaco Havoline Deposit Shield.

These are the current oils that either show no MOLY or low Moly counts in their VOA. Instead they use new "Organic or In-Organic" for their add packs in the new SN, GF-5 formulations. These new formulations have removed a lot of the MOLY, if not all, along with Boron and other "Old School" additives in their add packs. These new additives, according to posts on the board, do not show up in VOA analysis but give some outstanding UOA results.

If the oil displays the API starburst on the front of the bottle and the API/ILSAC Donut on the back....I would use these oils with confidence, especially if the price was right.

Mongo. Yep its got the donut on it. And you are correct about it coming from the Corn-husker sate! Surprised corn or soybean oil didn't show up in the VOA lol.

Warren Performance Part out of Nebraska bottles some really good oils for store brands. Warren also makes SuperTech for Walmart and Travellers Oil for Tractor Supply Company and a list of other stores brand oils. They also have their own brand of oil Accel and Mag1 which is sold nation wide. Warren has an excellent reputation for quality products and they use base stock oils from the majors in the bottling of these oils in conventional and synthetic. I would not hesitate to use these Warren product....especially if the price is great!

Originally Posted By: 67lemans
Mongo. Yep its got the donut on it. And you are correct about it coming from the Corn-husker sate! Surprised corn or soybean oil didn't show up in the VOA lol.

Add-pack is similar to Valvoline, using a Ca/Na detergent combo, with no moly or boron.

Would work just as well as any other API certified oil.

Thanks for running this - Peak is one I was curious about, and hasn't been tested by PQIA.

The add pack is also similar to Castrol and the "New" Chevron Havoline with Deposit Shield.

Originally Posted By: addyguy
Add-pack is similar to Valvoline, using a Ca/Na detergent combo, with no moly or boron.

Would work just as well as any other API certified oil.

Thanks for running this - Peak is one I was curious about, and hasn't been tested by PQIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back