Blackstone vs. WearCheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gang,

I need some objective opinions from those that have experience with both of these laboratories. I have been using Blackstone for my UOAs and although I am not dissatisfied with them, when I compare the value of the UOAs provided by WearCheck, on the surface it seems obvious that WearCheck is the better deal. Blackstone = $34.00 for UOA + TBN versus WearCheck = $24.00 for UOA + TAN. WearCheck states that a TAN is more appropriate for a gasoline engine and TBN is better for diesel. I do not have enough knowledge about TAN versus TBN to have an opinion.

Additionally, as amusing as Blackstone's rhetoric can be (at least on some that I have read here), it certainly seems that WearCheck is more "scientific" and has better documented processes quoting several ASTM standards.

So, finally, the questions:

--Which is the better value?
--Which do you trust more?
--Why?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts...

Originally Posted By: Unearthed
How do you even order from Wearcheck? Don't see anywhere on their site to do so.

Tim Vann at WearCheck has been very open with information and answered all of my questions. Here is his contact information - he can assist with buying the test kits:

Tim Vann
WearCheck USA
Senior Sales Representative
Technical Support
Shipping & Receiving Manager
1-800-237-1369
Office 919-379-4102
Direct 919-379-4029
Fax 919-379-4066
Cell 919-524-4608
[email protected]

Blackstone has been very good to me. I'll stick with them because I'm satisfied.

Originally Posted By: 2010_FX4
Unearthed said:
Tim Vann
WearCheck USA
Senior Sales Representative
Technical Support
Shipping & Receiving Manager

Sounds like they're understaffed if one person is selling, supporting and shipping the product.

Originally Posted By: L_Sludger
Sounds like they're understaffed if one person is selling, supporting and shipping the product.

It does based on his signature, but there is more person behind the madness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back