2010 Hyundai Tucson, Factory Fill, 3858 miles,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oil changed as per maintenance schedule. Replaced with QS 5W-20 and Hyundai/Kia oil filter.

oiltucson.jpg

6.75 cst at 100c? Now that's a thin 5w20! I wonder what the starting viscosity was? Perhaps they fill it from the factory with a thinner than typical 20 weight to speed up the break in process?

I think this is a weak QS oil that Hyundai uses to facilitate break in. Look how low the add package is on an engine that is so new with so few miles on the oil.

It's most definitely just there to stop the engine from seizing up or building sludge and offers little protection in terms of wear so the engine can break in properly.

That is my thought...

Nice to see Blackstone confirm the Silicon is from gaskets like Terry has been telling me is common with that and copper on my Santa Fe 2.7L V6 being from gasket materials Hyundai/Kia and some Lexus use.

Additives look stout to me compared to any of the shelf GF4 - with the exception of detergent. Detergent competes with antiscuff so the less the better. Now I know why my new Rio 5 spun a rod bearing on the way home - 7cst watery oil (+ possible out of spec assembly tolerance stack up :<

Originally Posted By: Johnny
Where is the Hyundai Tucson made that would be purchased in Canada?
Alabama now... Was Soul (sp?) South Korea

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Additives look stout to me compared to any of the shelf GF4 - with the exception of detergent. Detergent competes with antiscuff so the less the better. Now I know why my new Rio 5 spun a rod bearing on the way home - 7cst watery oil (+ possible out of spec assembly tolerance stack up :div>
Makes me happy I dumped my FF at 500 KM's (300 miles) and put in QS-GB

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back