Manufacture date of GF-5/Dexos1 Pennzoil Platinum

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm looking at purchasing a new vehicle sometime within the next year which may or may not require GF-5 and/or Dexos 1. Does anyone know the manufacture date of Pennzoil Platinum that meets these specifications? I am curious so I don't accidentally buy old stock on clearance that isn't 'up to par' for warranty/documentation purposes.

Last edited:
Well, according to the latest Q&A from Pennzoil, now.

Question 5:
General Motors has taken a different direction and will specify Dexos 1 for gasoline engines and Dexos 2 for diesel engines. Will Pennzoil Ultra address the requirements of either or both of these specs? If so, in what viscosities?

Answer 5:
The Pennzoil® family of motor oils is designed to cover the needs of virtually all engine types, and with that - we have great news for you. GM now states Pennzoil Platinum® synthetic viscosity grades SAE 5W-20 and 5W-30 as dexos 1 approved. (If you’re asking why Pennzoil Platinum® and not Pennzoil Ultra™, it’s because we chose our most widely distributed synthetic motor oil. A testament to Pennzoil Platinum® as a good place to start if you want synthetic motor oil). We do have a qualified dexos 2 Pennzoil Ultra™ oil ready for use when required.

Also on the back of the new jugs/bottles is states exceed GF5 specs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back