Oil fill hole photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: BBuzecky
JAG: What the heck is an "Italian Tune-up"? Is that driving at high rpm's on the highway?

If that doesn't work you might have to try a "German Tune-up." It's only a bit more involved. Every time the car approaches the redline you have to scream out the word "SCHNELL." Some believe the process is furthered by adding a half pint of Dinkelacker to the crankcase and the remaining half pint to the driver.

Originally Posted By: Trajan
It helps to wear lederhosen.

I've heard that myself.

If I'm not mistaken the last time I looked at the MSDS for German Castrol lederhosen was one of the new additives in the Gold formula.

Down my Mazda3 2.3l which has been running Synlube for 18k miles. Look at all that snake oil sludge.. (sarcasm). I can see further down than I can take a picture and it is clean down there. Less varnish color than i've seen in some pictures with "quality" dino and 3k oci's.

I wouldn't expect to see much of anything after 18,000 miles on an engine, as long as the oil level was maintained. Report back at 75,000 miles.

Can't see much down the fill hole of my 2002 neon. Been running M1 or amsoil the whole time. I'm at 180000Km or 112000 Miles.
fill.jpg

Some of these pics are borderline carnography. Please attack which oils have been used next to the pics and keep them coming.

2002 Civic EX 80,000 miles
Maybe someone can explain what's with the tan color on the spring?
This car has seen almost every brand of dino, blend and syn oil. 3K-4K OCI the first 65K miles then I switch to 5K-6K OCI
dscn2539t.jpg

dscn2542b.jpg

Originally Posted By: Texan4Life
bump... any others?

Click a couple of times for close up.

Even with this level of apparent cleanliness, a double dose of Auto-Rx was used to remove some moly slug hiding somewhere (probably in the pan).

I thought there was a more recent thread about oil fill hole photos but this one came up first in a search.

I finally replaced the grommet for my oil fill tube. This is for a full size Dodge van, so the tube is about 2 feet long.

Can't see much, except that even with precautionary wiping before removal, I got some debris inside.

The engine has about 30 k miles on it since The rebuild, I've been using M1 for the last ~8k miles, before that Valvoline conventional. This oil has ~600 miles on it.
002copy-Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back