Synlube UOA

Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't either. All you've given is your testimony, and that's worth nothing.

Originally Posted By: prax
You don't either. All you've given is your testimony, and that's worth nothing.

I never said I had authority, Trajen stated he and others on this site have some kind of authority. However, I do use the product,so in a manner of speaking,I have more authority than most.

This site is dedicated to the discussion of various lubes/oils/additives.

You will of course show where in the rules of this forum that we can't talk about synlube.

It's what we do here.

If you don't like that, too bad.

Don't want people to talk about synlube, don't post about it.

You will also show on whose authority that we can't discuss synlube.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: prax
Originally Posted By: Mystic
How about this for a collection of loser vehicles? A Fiat, a Yugo, a Vega, a Pinto, a Gremlin, and also some sludge monster engine Toyota cars and vans and Dodge Durrango?

We could test Synlube in this fleet.

ROFL.

Some cars with Synlube.

http://www.synlube.com/testcars.htm

If you go here: http://www.synlube.com/syn.htm you'll see the Mazda RX 7.

Go here: http://www.synlube.com/prod01.htm and you'll find Do not use in Mazda rotary engines.

And check out the space shuttle. Especially the obvious drawing of one.

Last edited:
Can they please get rid of that music at the Synlube website captain_kirk? It is almost unbearable.

And what about these contradictions? Is Synlube approved for the Mazda RX-7 or is it not? Who developed this website for Synlube? Did they proofread everything?

That Synlube website needs a lot of work! The first thing I would do if it was up to me was trash that music. And obvious contradictions need to be cleaned up, like where it says Synlube is approved for the Mazda RX-7 and elsewhere where it says Synlube should not be used in the Mazda RX-7.

Perhaps Synlube could ask the BBB of Nevada to do a new evaluation of Synlube and also ask the State of Nevada for a new review.

Originally Posted By: Trajan

You will of course show where in the rules of this forum that we can't talk about synlube.

It's what we do here.

Need I remind you that you were the one who mentioned authority and who wields it!! Now you don't like when I give a rebuttal?

Can they please get rid of that music at the Synlube website captain_kirk? It is almost unbearable.

And what about these contradictions? Is Synlube approved for the Mazda RX-7 or is it not? Who developed this website for Synlube? Did they proofread everything?

Now the actual website is another issue. Yes, I do agree it could be improved,..as long as it does not affect the cost of the lubricant in the end. Maybe someone on this site is a webmaster?? I think synlube is not recommended in the rotary engine as I recall. However,you could e-mail synlube with that question.

Originally Posted By: captain_kirk
Originally Posted By: Trajan

It's what we do here.

Need I remind you that you were the one who mentioned authority and who wields it!! Now you don't like when I give a rebuttal?

Ah, so you can't show where it says we can't talk about it. Or show who says we can't.

This is me being surprised.

Ny point still stands. We have the authority to talk about synlube. You do not have the authority to make us stop.

Last edited:
Seems to me captain_kirk that Synlube could pay somebody to fix that website themselves. After all, they are selling all of that Synlube-right?

Since even you, a devoted Synlube user, can agree that the website needs work, I think somebody at Synlube needs to listen to their customers. That might be a new thing for them.

A lot of people would probably leave that website just because of the abuse to their ears.

That is really a good idea. Is Synlube listening? Instead of wasting time here they could sell a lot of Synlube to Asian countries.

Budman is back... (This will be a long post)

I only check in and read BITOG once in while when bored when I decide to poke in here for some quick reading and attempt to keep up with some latest news about the one thing we all have on our minds for some weird reason.. Oil. That is when I saw this thread.

The POS Murano (to which I don't think I will ever buy another Nissan because of that experience) has since been traded in. After 5 years of too many engine compartment noises, check engine lights, recalls and dealer visits, I gave up on it and didn't want to deal with it any further.

I purchased new a Saturn Aura XR 3.6l in 2008 when they offered me a deal I could not refuse. I really love this car so far and in its fully loaded configuration I feel like it may have been the biggest kept secret in GM's arsenal. Still shocked that Saturn has since been dismantled. I also added a slightly used Mazda3 to my garage as well that only had 7.5k miles on it when I bought it.

Since I never had a problem with Miro and felt that he always responded in timely matter to all my questions when I had Synlube in my Murano as well as seemed knowledgeable with thorough answers I contacted him again when I bought my Saturn.

I know probably everyone here will think I am completely bonkers to go the same route again after the Murano but I always felt in my gut it was more the truck itself at fault (along with incompetent dealer) than a fair attempt at Synlube, so I purchased Synlube AGAIN, this time for BOTH my cars! Please refrain from calling the loony cops for now.

I originally intended to start a blog and document the install of Synlube as well as ongoing results with mileage updates and what not but just decided didn't have the time for it. I still have original pictures I took of the install here for the Saturn XR (the Mazda3 was Synlubed in 2009 when I bought it).

Here is the Initial Fill, Add Oil and filter magnet I bought from Miro sitting ontop of the 3.6l GM gem:

Me purposely ruining my brand new engine {sarcasm} that only has 1150 miles on it at time of of being Synlubed:

Since this initial install, the Saturn has had two filter changes along with topping of Add Oil and now sits with just over 20k miles on it. Engine runs fine and as far as I can tell from driving it is in good condition comparable to what it should be for this mileage. Starts right up, passes smog and have gotten comments of driving smooth from people who have borrowed the car. Nothing out of ordinary, nor should there be for any car with 20k on it. It is still considered newish compared to how long an engine should last. But I also imagine that Wesson changed often could get a modern engine to 20k with no problems..

My Mazda3 was synlubed at around 7-8k miles when I bought it and it now sits at 25k miles on it. So 15k or so on Synlube. Again same as said above applies to the Mazda3. But this Mazda3 on Synlube gave me a scare.

After a year on Synlube it was time for a filter change and topping. These particular cars use a cartridge type oil filter that is open and the filter material is complete exposed. When I pulled the filter to change I was floored at the "coating" on the filter. It was sludged and the coating was enough that I could scrape it with my nail and I suspect filter was not able to filter anymore and was in permanent bypass mode. I took a picture of it and emailed Miro.

He quickly replied that the design of the engine doesn't allow 100% of old oil to be drained and what that sludge was, was most likely that old oil running into its end of life extreme. This is what happens to dino that is run too long he said. Synlube kept it in suspension and the filter did its job of taking it out of circulation. To be honest, I was skeptical a bit and really worried I was damaging engine and thoughts of taking out Synlube next year if next filter showed the same. I was told to check the new filter about 6 months if I could but I just went to the year and changed it for its annual change and topping, high with anticipation.

This second filter change was dramatically different than that first sludged one. This time the filter looked as one would expect. The media was was just soaked in oil and a few specks of [censored] was caught. Not a sign of sludge anywhere. I topped up oil and have felt fine going forward with Synlube being left in engine.

I wish I would have kept better records of the costs so far. The initial purchase of synlube is quite expensive at $32/qt and the add-in is also I think $20/qt. No matter how careful one is though, one will always lose quite a bit of oil when changing a filter. I think my saturn lost 1/2 qt that I had to replace and my Mazda lost about 1/4 qt. This means you are not actually keeping 100% same oil in car but are replenishing it a bit each year. This also means I am having to buy a $20/qt of add oil each year for my two cars. So this adds to the lifetime cost that is not really mentioned much when they talk of the cost savings at the website.

Also, despite my good dealings with Synlube and Miro himself over the years, I do have to say that some of the stuff I have discovered just reading this thread and others (revoked biz license, intersections as an address, etc) disturb me a bit. I am not confident that god forbid something should happen to one of my engines related 100% to lubrication (or both, to which I will just shoot myself for being so dumb) that I would get full support from Synlube as well as be able to receive warranty claim from them as they promise. So one really is playing roulette I suppose but then again, how is it any different than had there been damage from Schaffers or Amsoil? Also, would Shell pay for new engine if one of their oils was at fault? They'd middle finger you and say "prove it".

All in all, I am fine with Synlube for now. Many seem so skeptical of its claims for long life but I don't ever remember so much doubt when manufacturers started to use 100k antifreeze or 100k spark plugs and now even 80k+ auto trans fluid. Why is it that the masses here in USA seem so protective of dino + 3-4k oil changes? Europe has long since been 10k+ changes with "synthetic" (group III).

Thanks for reading.

Sounds fair and balanced to me
21.gif

Originally Posted By: Budman
Budman is back...

Budman! Nice to see you again! I was wondering where you went. You seemed to be the only user we've ever seen of Synlube who were actually willing to talk about it, ever since you posted in '07 about your Murano developing "chunks" in the Synlube. But unfortunately the mechanic had changed it, so you couldn't get a sample. But maybe you can help this time?

Originally Posted By: Budman

Also, despite my good dealings with Synlube and Miro himself over the years, I do have to say that some of the stuff I have discovered just reading this thread and others (revoked biz license, intersections as an address, etc) disturb me a bit.

You must have visited the other thread in the main PCMO forum. (http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1827317&page=6) The thing is, they're not just "little" disturbing things, they show a consistent record of underhanded dealings and illegitimate business practices.

To date:
- There is no known physical location of Synlube. No factory, no office, nothing. All Synlube addresses, registered with any registry, or on the website, or the domain, or the contact info, are empty intersections.
- Owner absolutely refuses all inspection of oil. You can't even buy oil from him if you tell him you want to inspect it instead of use it in your car.
- His business is permanently revoked in the State of Nevada.
http://www.nvsos.gov/sosentitysearch/CorpDetails.aspx?lx8nvq=V43%252bEo8IexdyuaRW3w2jnQ%253d%253d&nt7=0
- His business is permanently dis-accredited by the BBB.
http://www.vegasbbb.org/bbb_rated_acc_rpt.asp?bbbid=60194&tr=rated&lg=F&ex=11
- He has consistently used false names and registrations posing as users of Synlube, instead of the owner.
- He is known to have tried to sell something as genuine Mobil Delvac-1.

These are not allegations, these are known facts. So When someone with such a record tries to sell something, you'll be [censored] sure I'll try to acertain what he's selling is as advertised.

Will you be the one to settle this once and for all? All you need to do is

1. take a 4-oz virgin sample of Synlube
2. contact any established and respected member on this forum in NV
3. meet up and, within view of both you and that member (so that neither you, nor that member, can go and tamper with the sample, so nobody can claim the sample was sabotaged), package and mail the sample to an independent facility, such as Blackstone.

Will you do this?

Quote:

Many seem so skeptical of its claims for long life but I don't ever remember so much doubt when manufacturers started to use 100k antifreeze or 100k spark plugs and now even 80k+ auto trans fluid.

Because antifreeze cools. Spark plugs spark. Trans fluid switches gears. But motor oil is designed to get dirty so that it be changed to be rid of the dirt and combustion waste. So it would be more like claims of an antifreeze that doesn't change temperature, or a spark plug that doesn't spark to ignite the fuel, or trans fluid that doesn't need to touch gears. It is certainly a bit suspicious don't you think?

Quote:

Why is it that the masses here in USA seem so protective of dino + 3-4k oil changes? Europe has long since been 10k+ changes with "synthetic" (group III).

If you read this forum often, you know that most the forum acknowledges long oil change intervals, and think 3-4k oil changes are unnecessary. So that's untrue.

ahhaahah we live in South Asia changed the oil for interval +/- 5000 KM, hahaha if we use this Synlube for life regulation, our engine will blow up..hahahaha...
enoch - Jakarta-Indonesia

Originally Posted By: znode

Will you do this?

Sure, I have no problem with doing that.

But how will I find someone to meet up with? If you help me with this part I will do my part of collecting a sample. Do I to collect a sample in front of member as well? And how am I going to collect a sample? I am not due for a filter change on either of my cars until November. Also remember, this sample will have about a lot of miles on it. Does this matter?

Also, since I have about 8 empty qts laying around that each have settled a tiny bit of new Synlube on bottom, I might be able to collect enough fresh oil for a VOA. Not sure about this though as I can't be sure I'd get enough. I have been using this tiny bit of left over new Synlube for random lubing jobs around the house and it also makes the best gun lube I've ever tried.

PM me.

I don't know how much more negative information about Synlube is required to form a fair opinion about Sylube. Everything I have seen that has been discovered about Synlube has been negative. Can anybody come up with a list of positive information?

Really all that is needed for a final conclusion about Synlube would be if somebody did supply a VOA or a UOA. I personally would not touch this stuff with a ten foot pole.

There are plenty of other good motor oils-Pennzoil Platinum and Ultra, Amsoil, Redline, Mobil 1, and other synthetic and conventional motor oils.

And I don't believe in a 50,000 mile (or is it 150,000 mile or 300,000 mile?) oil change anyway. Motor oil gets contaminated by physical and chemical contaminates and reacts with the air and so forth. The safe thing to do is change the oil at reasonable OCIs.

Last edited:
I don't know how much more negative information about Synlube is required to form a fair opinion about Sylube. Everything I have seen that has been discovered about Synlube has been negative. Can anybody come up with a list of positive information?

(Sound of thumder). You are requested and required to cease all comment, discussion, or even having a thought, of the Holy Synlube unless you use it. Only then do you have the authority, right, even obligation, to preach the virtue of our Holy Synlube. Praise be to Synlube. (thunder sound)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back