any good atf additive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe in Lubegard red bottle. I don't believe in the products that claim to make one type of ATF work in other applications.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
What is the additive for? leaking? changing the friction of the oil? Cleaning deposits?
'

Not too many deposits in ATs. Here is a link to the product page.
Lubegard Red

Last edited by a moderator:
LG red is good stuff. Read the directions. Many people add the bottle, but the directions state 1 oz/qt of ATF is the suggested dose. So in many applications you'll need more than a bottle.

Originally Posted By: ccapital83
any one believe in any ATF additives out these if so which one?

There's no such thing as a good pour-in ATF additive. Everything the fluid needs is in the fluid, anything else is asking for trouble.

+1 on LG Red.Saab used it OEM to cure a converter lock hunting issue.
Good product with a good track record.

The rest IMO just swell seals and lighten your wallet.

Originally Posted By: 440Magnum
Originally Posted By: ccapital83
any one believe in any ATF additives out these if so which one?

There's no such thing as a good pour-in ATF additive. Everything the fluid needs is in the fluid, anything else is asking for trouble.

I've been using LG red in all my A/T's (a Honda with the problematic BAXA , a Buick with the 4T65E and a Corolla). All of them shift flawlessly.

If you click on the LG site that Rudolfina links to you can read about LXE (esters) which LG invented. It would probably be too costly for oil companies to add these esters to their regular (dino) ATF's.

I am generally skeptical of additives but I do believe in Lubegard.
There is a reason why so many OEMs and transmission rebuilders recommend it.

LG red, handled a problem on my dodge one ton tranny, would not shift into 1st all the time when taking off, 16oz fixed it, my tranny holds 16 qts. the problem is not fixed.

Quote:
If you click on the LG site that Rudolfina links to you can read about LXE (esters) which LG invented.

Well, not really.

THE LXE's are composed of natural esters and come from mother nature, and the synthesized esters come from a major ester manfacturer.

only problem I have with lubegard is their tests are from 1994 on dextron II

and misleading.

They prop it up so well its like a snake oil ad .. even if the product works good and advertised the marketing leaves me with a feeling of buying slick 50.

Last edited:
READ THE LABEL ON LG, FORD TYPE F ATF, WILL NOT WORK , U NEED TO GET ANOTHER BOTTLE OF LG MADE FOR IT, CHECK OUT THE LUBEGARD.COM AND DO UR HOMEWORK TOO

Originally Posted By: MolaKule
Quote:
If you click on the LG site that Rudolfina links to you can read about LXE (esters) which LG invented.

Well, not really.

THE LXE's are composed of natural esters and come from mother nature, and the synthesized esters come from a major ester manfacturer.

MolaKule; You are far more knowledgeable that I....I was just quoting LG brochure:

"Dr. Philip Landis, a highly
distinguished research chemist
who headed the Mobil Oil
Applied Lubrication Research
Group, developed and patented the first and only high
temperature Sperm Whale Oil replacement - LUBEGARD SYNTHETIC
Liquid Wax Ester (LXE®) Technology."

I read another post that showed SAAB recommending LG. I doubt that SAAB is being 'paid off' by LG as another poster suggests.

All I know is that LG gives me more confidence especially when using 'marginal' ATF like Honda Z-1. I believe it works as advertised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back