Valvoline Synpower 5w30 2002 Altima 3,854 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
uoa.jpg

Last edited:
you have one EXCELLENT car. You may want to check your air filter, however.

Welcome to this site my friend.

Silicone is way high for the miles, but there's nothing that appears to be reacting to it in abrasive wear.

5000 miles, as was suggested, would be my next step. There was no reason to change this oil.

Definitely need to push the oil to 5k or more.

Driving style? air filter brand/age? oil filter?

Thanks for the comments everybody.

All highway miles. I don't know the age of the air filter but I cleaned it during the last oil change with a air gun from the shop

This report is from October and I currently have 3815 miles on the oil in my car. I was thinking of changing the oil now and getting another report to see if the silicon levels went down. Then if all looks good, I'll run the fresh oil for 5000 miles.
What do you guys think?

Also this was the first time synthetic oil was run in this car.

No cleaning a 'normal' air filter. Just replace it!

5k should be easy. Watch the TBN. 7.5k is a possibility with 'all highway miles'.

"Cleaning" it dumped dirt into the engine. Put the filter in and leave it as long as possible.

bkbenjy,
Is your 2.5 oil as black as mine is? My 04 Altima 2.5 oil starts to get black after a week of my OCI. Been like this since new. Use the same oil as I do in my wifes Lexus. Always use popular oils(dino/syns) held in high reguard here at BITOG. Her oil look clean at 3000 miles. By 3000 miles my 2.5S is really BLAAAAACK! Almost coal in color. No make up oil. Doesn't leak/burn. Runs great! Both vehicles 6mo/3000mi

I'd replace your air filter if you used an air gun to clean it - you probably wrecked it!

Even with the extra dirt ingestion, wear was well under control...nice report!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back