Been gone for a while. Things have changed..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last time I was here, AutoRX and LC-20/FP-60 were da bomb and MMO was getting ragged on daily.

Why the change? I've tried all three and they worked, I really like how Red Line SI-1 worked on the fuel system. I've been using MMO as a cleaner which I put in the crankcase about 500miles shy of a oil change.

Not sure why, I would never use MMO, I think it 83% kerosene from the reasearch I have done. Seems to be a sludge-phobia developing in the BITOG group...

I have used Auto-RX, LC20, FP60 & FP3000, Seafoam, and now MMO. It seems like all of them have their place. I use FP60 or FP3000 every fill-up in my Saturn for years. I found LC20 and MMO to cause to much oil consumption in that car when mixed with the oil. As I see it you can get to the same point by different means. I use additives to initially counter or address problems. I keep using them when I have continued positive results.

Originally Posted By: Bluestream
Not sure why, I would never use MMO, I think it 83% kerosene from the reasearch I have done.

I don't think you are correct about that. Use google to search BITOG.com. This what I have found:

Quote:
70% Light Aromatic Oil (Pale Oil)

29% Mineral Spirits

38 parts per million (ppm) Boron

900 ppm Phosporous

1/2% 1, 2 ortho-Dichlorobenzene

1/4% 1, 4 para-Dichlorobenzene

Oil of wintergreen - for the scent

Red Dye - for the color

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1279933

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1718440#Post1718440

I'm not a snake oil additive junkie, so I have no idea what LC plus or FP even is...

What a pricelessly silly comment. You don't know what LC or FP are, but nevertheless, you know that they are snake oil. Absolutely brilliant. . .

ekpolk, how is the TC-W3 working for you, I believe you posted on another forum about using 2-Cycle Oil in the fuel, I have been using MMO in the fuel, just wanted to get your thoughts on using the 2 Cycle Oil in the gas.

Originally Posted By: ekpolk
Originally Posted By: JHZR2
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1718440#Post1718440

I'm not a snake oil additive junkie, so I have no idea what LC plus or FP even is...

What a pricelessly silly comment. You don't know what LC or FP are, but nevertheless, you know that they are snake oil. Absolutely brilliant. . .

+1 There are still a handful of guys that pass comments on things they haven't tried. Honestly I've never tried LC or FP but have read enough about them here to know they have some value and a pretty soild customer base. Based on that alone I'd refrain from commenting negatively about them.

Oil of wintergreen is more than a scent. As a phenolic, it does help with cleaning and dissolving crud. I have always felt that without this, MMO would not be as effective. The chlorine compounds are one reason MMO was and is used by pilots who burn leaded gas in plane engines. They report scrupulously clean engines when using MMO as it scavenges lead exceptionally well. This is probably through the formation of lead chloride.

Very true Boomer, it smells good but has a purpose. Its just like one of the my favorite gun lubes, cleaners, and protectants I use called Ballistol. That stuff smells to high heaven like Anise but it cuts and neutralizes black powder and corrosive primer residue.

I just wish it was as easy to find and as cheap as MMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back