Peak 'Professional' Lifetime

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw this product at a Pep Boys today. It was a black container with a matching cap. The label lists sodium benzoate and the 'proprietary inhibitor'. Maybe a deal between Old World and Pep Boys to sell Peak's Global Lifetime with a distinctive packaging.

I saw this too. I was going to buy it. The price was not labeled so I brought the container up to the counter to find out the price. It was $20.99. I would have needed 2 bottles so needless to say I said no thank you. I would like to know more about it though.

Pep Boys has BOGO(after mail-in rebate) Peak Professional Lifetime Full Strength until Jan/03/2010. Regular price is $9.99 each gallon

I too would like to know more about it. It's certainly a good deal at 2 "full strength" gals for $9.99.

Originally Posted By: cos
I too would like to know more about it. It's certainly a good deal at 2 "full strength" gals for $9.99.

This product is $21 at the Pep Boys close to me (San Carlos, CA). BOGO would be a good deal only if the rebate were at the cash register.

I e-mailed Peak about their new "Professional Lifetime" coolant and they said:

1)It is the same product as "Global LifeTime"
2)It does not contain 2-EHA

What is 2-EHA?

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
Pep Boys has BOGO(after mail-in rebate) Peak Professional Lifetime Full Strength until Jan/03/2010. Regular price is $9.99 each gallon

I went to a local Pep Boys, they said it was a misprint on the ad, the rebate is for Peak Long Life 50/50 and the regular price $9.99 if for that 50/50. The regular price of Professional Lifetime Full Strength is $21.99.

I showed them the in-store ad and the online ad about Professional Lifetime Full Strength, they gave me $9.99 each but the receipt shows Long Life 50/50 so that I can get the $9.99 rebate from Peak.

In the end, I got 2 jugs Professional Lifetime Full Strength for $9.99 after mail-in rebate.

Thump up to my local Pep Boys, they eat the lost for making an error in the ad.

I went to a local Pep Boys, they said it was a misprint on the ad, the rebate is for Peak Long Life 50/50 and the regular price $9.99 if for that 50/50. The regular price of Professional Lifetime Full Strength is $21.99.

I showed them the in-store ad and the online ad about Professional Lifetime Full Strength, they gave me $9.99 each but the receipt shows Long Life 50/50 so that I can get the $9.99 rebate from Peak.

In the end, I got 2 jugs Professional Lifetime Full Strength for $9.99 after mail-in rebate.

Thump up to my local Pep Boys, they eat the lost for making an error in the ad.

You did well! The only adds in my area say: Peak Long Life 50/50. Nothing mentioned about the PEAK Professional Life Time. I wished my add said the same as yours. Im sure my PB's would have honored it as well. They're pretty good about that kind of stuff.

I saw this at my local PepBoys on the clearance table for $5 Peak Professional (black container)

whats so speacial about this stuff ?

Why is "Peak Professional" not listed as one of their products on the Peak website?

Mark

On Pep Boys website, click on "Sale&Specials", then click on "Weekly Store Ads", then click on "Holiday Gift Guide", it is on second page. Click on "Peak Full Strength" and bring it to your local Pep Boys. My local Pep Boys honored the online ad. Also show them the Holiday Gift Guide flyer they have in-store if needed.

I could not find any info about this PEAK Professional Lifetime antifreeze, but the instructions on the back is about the same as Peak Global Lifetime, so that I think they are similar.

My question to Peak:
"I saw Peak Professional Lifetime coolant at Pep Boys auto parts
store. I could not find any info about this type of coolant, what I can find is Peak Global Lifetime coolant listed on your website.

I'm going to flush coolant in my 1994 Lexus LS400, 2000 Mecerdes Benz E430 and 2004 Honda S2000 in the next few weeks, is it safe to use Peak Professional Lifetime coolant in those cars ?"

Responded from PEAK:
"Thanks for your e-mail. Both coolants have the same ingredients and can safely be used in your vehicles.

PEAK Tech Dept."

Cos had similar respond from Peak last week. I could not find any info on Professional Lifetime, I have no data to say they have or don't have identical formula.

I'll use Professional Lifetime in my cars when I flush out the old coolant in early spring. Unless I can find Global Lifetime before then.

Its on closeout for $9.90 at PepBoys, I incorrectly type $5 for some car wax that was on the clearance table.

The old price is $21 but I still have the $9.90 stickers on my receipt if you need proof this stuff is on clearance. Most of the time the employees don't know its on closeout. I can send you the stickers if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back