Idiot in an suv on the way to work this morning...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy in a newer Volvo suv with required cell phone stuck to left ear, tailgating me getting on the freeway on-ramp this morning. Look down, shoot already doing five over the limit. I'm in my wife's '98 Metro and don't want to get rear ended when I hit the brakes. What to do? On ramp is posted for 25mph as it is a very tight corner, I know I can hit it much faster... See where this is going yet?
Hit the corner at 45-50mph, watch suv guy fight to keep it on the road, he went all the way over the line almost into the rocks before he got it under control.
I laughed all the way to work.

Good job. Dude was obviously in a groove, focusing on your bumper instead of paying real attention to what he was doing, and you made him eat it. I wish I could condemn that, but I just can't find it in me...

Nice! Way to show that guy to pay attention to the road and not his phone! His precious conversation can wait. Hope he learned his lesson. Likely not.

And woot to a light, kinda nimble car!

Depending on my mood,I probably would`ve gotten beside him and thrown something at his p.o.s. bus,I mean car.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Depending on my mood,I probably would`ve gotten beside him and thrown something at his p.o.s. bus,I mean car.

This is how you make the front page of the newspaper.

People, what separates the civilized driver from the guy in the SUV is how you respond to their idiotic actions. If you respond in kind you're basically just as bad as he is. Don't all road rage incidents start like this? Some guy does something stupid, the other guy retaliates, some guy pulls out a gun, and your relative is at the morgue identifying your body? Just let it go for hecks suck, you're not gonna change the world by throwing something at someone

Originally Posted By: tonycarguy
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

This is how you make the front page of the newspaper.

People, what separates the civilized driver from the guy in the SUV is how you respond to their idiotic actions. If you respond in kind you're basically just as bad as he is. Don't all road rage incidents start like this? Some guy does something stupid, the other guy retaliates, some guy pulls out a gun, and your relative is at the morgue identifying your body? Just let it go for hecks suck, you're not gonna change the world by throwing something at someone

Maybe he was posting that as a form of indirect praise to the OP for handling the situation better than he would have?

I'd let it roll off my back. If this were city driving, I'd get a certain sadistic pleasure of rolling through the lights he's stopped at. That really [censored] people off when you roll by them again and again and again. They go all ape on you. I look at it as their monkey dance acknowledging me as the better driver since I'm abusing my car less to get where I need to go.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Originally Posted By: mormit
Was he 'Gangsta' driving with one hand at 12?

All the guys in Miami Dade County drive with one hand on at 12 including me.

Yes, but do you have the signature offset pose that goes along with it? This is critical.

It's weird. I first saw this ten years ago in rap videos. Gangsta with 22's set up. Now I see 50 year old women doing it.

What happens if the air bag deploys? Self dope slap?

When someone is riding me like that I just slow down a little bit, Then when and if they decided to pass me I gun it.

It's weird. I first saw this ten years ago in rap videos. Gangsta with 22's set up. Now I see 50 year old women doing it.

What happens if the air bag deploys? Self dope slap?

LOL!

I just pictured that...

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Was he 'Gangsta' driving with one hand at 12?

All the guys in Miami Dade County drive with one hand on at 12 including me.

Yes, but do you have the signature offset pose that goes along with it? This is critical.

And the position of the baseball cap (if applicable)

Originally Posted By: sciphi
I'd let it roll off my back. If this were city driving, I'd get a certain sadistic pleasure of rolling through the lights he's stopped at. That really [censored] people off when you roll by them again and again and again. They go all ape on you. I look at it as their monkey dance acknowledging me as the better driver since I'm abusing my car less to get where I need to go.

Bingo! This is my favorite commute pastime.
thumbsup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back