MOTUL 300V Power Racing 5W-40

Status
Not open for further replies.
here are the newest results for the oil i am currently running on my Integra Type R:

elemmotulvirgin.jpg

so what do you think about that moly count? pretty high, right?

partmotulvirgin.jpg

Quite a lot of particles in the 25micron range. additives perhaps? that is what my contact at the laboratory suggested anyway..

Sorry if the pics are a bit screwed. i had to translate everything from norwegian, and that isn't always easy thanks to Microsoft Word
frown.gif

btw, my other, bigger oil analysis thread is located here:
http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=1489647#Post1489647

Last edited:
Boatload of Moly.

Flash point lower than I would have thought.

Nice ZDDP.

It is showing water in it?

Why is it showing metals in it if virgin oil?

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ZZman

Sometimes they are part of the additive package. They may also have been leached from storage tanks and such. Or, there might be something about the oil that is giving false positives on the analysis.

Too much moly and Mg for street. Would try the BMW LL 01 Motul, now called Xmax. Big deal about this oil is the super premuim group-V basestock.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Would try the BMW LL 01 Motul, now called Xmax. Big deal about this oil is the super premuim group-V basestock.

X-Max 5w-30 is great stuff. I used it before giving 300V a shot, and I would have no problem going back to it.

The new X-Max 5w-40 should be good, too. Haven't tried that one yet.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
Too much moly and Mg for street. Would try the BMW LL 01 Motul, now called Xmax. Big deal about this oil is the super premuim group-V basestock.

why do you think there is too much moly and mg for street? could it in some way be negative..? I use this oil in my Integra Typr-R atm, for all kinds of driving; everything from highway/traffic jams to track use (although i haven't tracked this particular oil yet).. so far it is also low on oil usage.

Originally Posted By: ZZman
Boatload of Moly.

Flash point lower than I would have thought.

Nice ZDDP.

It is showing water in it?

i was also a bit surprised about the flashpoint number. i guess that is one of the things that varies the most tho..

datasheet:
http://www.opieoils.co.uk/pdfs/MOTUL/300V-Power-Racing-5W-30-8255-(GB).pdf

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back