Headlights cleaned: before/after Pics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, This is using the Crystal View headlight cleaning kit from wally world.
I only did one headlight on my Tbird today (it got too dark and cloudy to do the 2nd one; I did it all a bit fast; i'm sure the 2nd headlight will turn our even better than this one).

so here are the pics:

BEFORE:
CVtbird001.jpg

AFTER 26 Min. (1st coating of sealant)
CVtbird002.jpg

AFTER 2nd Coating of sealant after about 10 mins again)
weather was getting dark/cloudy by this time; hence the darker pic, but it actually looked even better than after the 1st sealant coating):
CVtbird004.jpg

One can see the difference between the cleaned/uncleaned here:
(Headlights are not on in this pic)
CVtbird005.jpg

I still did not put any Klasse AIO on it; I guess I'll do it tomorrow. (too dark/looks rainy now).
I guess I'm pretty happy;
Next up is the right headlight, and then onto my wife's Elantra;
Like I said, the worsening weather made me work fast, the next lights may be even better improved.

Comments/feedback appreciated.
oh and btw, for $20.00 I recommend it. !!!

Very impressive. Must have been a lot of work but I'd say it will pay off. I saw a car in our work parking lot the other day that was even worse than your before picture. I've never had a car do that and I drive older cars. I just got rid of my '94 Grand Prix last fall and I still have a '96 and an '01. What causes it?

actually it was very little work: I did it all by hand, and it took me about 30 min total for one headlight.

Originally Posted By: WishIhadatruck
What causes it?

I think mostly UV rays from sunlight, wind, rocks/dust, wind and all kinds of other stuff flying against the lights all the time, and damaging/scratching the surface...

and I've heard moisture inside can cause the yellowing too...(but if that was the case, I don't know how I got rid of it from OUTside..perhaps mine only has EXternal damage and not from the INside..)

thanks...
Now I wish i knew how to remove that ***** front vanity plate holder thing...wonder if i can just pull and the rivets would give??

Thanks for posting this. Mine are pretty ugly like yours were so it's nice to know that this product works. I'll have to get some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back