SURFACE IMPROVEMENT THROUGH METAL RESTRUCTURING

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey looks like a Royal Purple commercial.
smirk2.gif

I had to look that one up.

eutectic

Main Entry: eu·tec·tic
Pronunciation: \yü-ˈtek-tik\
Function: adjective
Etymology: Greek eutēktos easily melted, from eu- + tēktos melted, from tēkein to melt — more at thaw
Date: 1884
1of an alloy or solution : having the lowest melting point possible
2: of or relating to a eutectic alloy or solution or its melting or freezing point
— eutectic noun

I'm familiar with the word "eutectic". It's a common metallurgical term. There's nothing "eutectic" about their technology.

The very last paragraph was the most interesting to me. The process thay are describing is no different from burnishing. In my experience, a mirror finish on a metal surface indicates compromised (poor) lubrication.

The second to last paragraph talks about filling in the pits and valley with a solid lubricant. This goes against conventional designs that purposely produce valleys on a surface, which act as mini-reservoirs for oil lubricant. There's even a metrological "R" value associated with this condition that must be met for cylinder walls of a combustion engine.

Kestas - exactly. We can talk about eutectic alloys. (Sn63/Pb27) = being one of the most common everyday eutectics with the liquidous and solidous points being the same.....point being this lube isn't all that. Bee Ess.

Originally Posted By: bruce381
looking at the progression of gen 1 through has the same snake oil discriptions for Chloro additives.
bruce

Or Bismuth/Zinc Napthenate

My experience comes from diagnosing wheel bearing problems. Perhaps for gears (sliding wear, in addition to rolling wear) the opposite is true.

Originally Posted By: Kestas
My experience comes from diagnosing wheel bearing problems. Perhaps for gears (sliding wear, in addition to rolling wear) the opposite is true.

Ah... thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back