*NEW *- Joe Gibbs Hot Rod Street Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Rod Oil

Quote:
Higher levels of Zinc (ZDP) than regular passenger car oils. Delivers proper anti-wear protection for older style push-rod and flat-tappet engines.
Superior camshaft wear protection chemistry. The same wear protection found in Joe Gibbs Driven Racing Oil which has powered Joe Gibbs Racing to multiple NASCAR Championships.
Uses the same oil additive technology developed for the U.S. Military for storing and shipping their combat equipment. Protects against rust and corrosion so your engine is protected even when it’s not running.
Synthetic formula provides the best characteristics of mineral oil without the unwanted saturates that can lead to sludge and varnish, and it provides improved cold-start protection compared to conventional oils.

Quote:
Contains the same additive technology used by the US Military for storing and shipping combat equipment worldwide.
Protects against rust and corrosion during storage and operation.

For older engines, I think this is the way to go. JGR experimented with every known racing oil available and developed their own line of racing oils. They now are making street oils for the Hot Rod crowd.

Funny how you understand JG's marketing hype, but not my idea.
crackmeup2.gif
See I TOLD you there is a market for this.

BUT - mine is better. Straight SAE 20,30,40,50!

Got the JG formula??

Quote:
JGR experimented with every known racing oil available and developed their own line of racing oils.

Can I go vomit loudly in the corner now?

Wow, kudos to Joe Gibbs. I just ordered a lifetime supply and e-mailed them to suggest that they make a line of single grades too; they e-mailed back saying it was a great idea....

Originally Posted By: simple_gifts
Wow, kudos to Joe Gibbs. I just ordered a lifetime supply and e-mailed them to suggest that they make a line of single grades too; they e-mailed back saying it was a great idea....
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
crackmeup2.gif
thumbsup2.gif

Wonder who makes Joe Gibbs oil? It looks like something us old car guys would like.

Zinc is 1270ppm. Pour point is -43F and flash point is 387F (a little low on FP IMO).

Best price I found in a quick search was $9.16 per qt. and free shipping for 12 qts. Too high for most people IMO.

40ford

Lubrizol is their technical partner and Delta Petrochemical is their blender. If I want to know something about a product, I call them and find out. I don't speculate.

I'll tell them Pablo and GMAN said NO VII's are better and maybe they will change the formula.
crackmeup2.gif
You don't know what you are talking about.
cheers3.gif

For their racing oils, they compared Redline, RP, M1R and nothing was better than their own oil. M1R was the best of the others. They did try Amsoil 0w-30 at one point.

Remember, these guys just didn't get into this because they felt like it. The current oils available where just not good enough for *them*. So they went out and explored their options and created their own product in working with the chemists/blender.

Article on JGR Oil

Quote:
"Finally in '98, we had a few connections that came about and we were able to talk directly to the engineers and the blenders, the people who made the oil. That was the best thing we've ever done because we could actually talk to the chemist and blender, standing right there (involved) in the same conversation and they would say this is what we need to do to fix this. This was something we, pretty much, had to do because we were having such problems."

The development process was smoother than anticipated said Cronquist. Initially, there were 5 oils made and evaluated. One oil was chosen and with that base product some 6 others were eventually developed and tested based on power and durabilty issues which took approximately 1 1/2 years to complete and evaluate. The results have been amazing, resulting in today's Joe Gibbs Oils.

Originally Posted By: buster
Lubrizol is their technical partner and Delta Petrochemical is their blender. If I want to know something about a product, I call them and find out. I don't speculate.

Marketing hype? Are you kidding me? At least they are not using the 4-ball wear test. I'll tell them Pablo and GMAN said NO VII's are better and maybe they will change the formula.
crackmeup2.gif
You don't know what you are talking about.
cheers3.gif

For their racing oils, they compared Redline, RP, M1R and nothing was better than their own oil. M1R was the best of the others. They did try Amsoil 0w-30 at one point.

Remember, these guys just didn't get into this because they felt like it. The current oils available where just not good enough for *them*. So they went out and explored their options and created their own product in working with the chemists/blender.

Buster, you've edited this PUKE at LEAST 3 times.

Listen - I have nothing against these oils. But why are you spokesperson for them? Use the stuff, and have at LEAST 20, (30 would be better) cars use it and get back with me. Post the results. Until then it's all talk.

And will you please stop bringing up the 4-ball wear test. OK we told Pablo and G-man they don't know what they are talking about.......so now let's bring up not using the 4-ball test, that will prove to the crowd that Joe Gibbs oil is REALLY good.
smirk2.gif

Again - if you have a boner for this oil, use it!!! Spread the word and have others use.....oh, that's what you are trying to do......
crackmeup2.gif

Pabs, I don't think JG is going to cut into Amsoil's market share.
LOL.gif

Bruce needs a NASCAR name and a marketing angle (and the desire to engage in such for profit activity).

JG oils are way more niche than Amsoil. There are less expensive products that will work for anyone except those of exceptional usage.

Proud user of Bruceblend® 0w oils
oils for the future
oils for today

is this oil like redline? mostly ester and a bit of pao?i can't remember i talked with a jg tech support this past june and thats when he told me about this oil coming out soon and it would be mostly ester and some pao would be interesting to see whats in this oil.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Pabs, I don't think JG is going to cut into Amsoil's market share.
LOL.gif

Bruce needs a NASCAR name and a marketing angle (and the desire to engage in such for profit activity).

JG oils are way more niche than Amsoil. There are less expensive products that will work for anyone except those of exceptional usage.

Wasn't too worried about market share, more worried about buster's sanity....I hope he is OK. He seemed to flip out.... G-man got rid of a bunch of this thread. He was raving about going to Helen, etc. Strange.

Oh ..I missed the hysteria. Buster can lose it from time to time ...no biggie. We all have our episodes
shocked2.gif

LOL.gif

"Bruce needs a NASCAR name....?"

Who does he work for, Lubrizol or Delta PetroChemical?

Originally Posted By: dkryan

Neither ..but he can blend up stuff that makes JG oil look mild.
LOL.gif
He makes it sound easy. Pinch of this ..dash of that.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Originally Posted By: dkryan

Neither ..but he can blend up stuff that makes JG oil look mild.
LOL.gif
He makes it sound easy. Pinch of this ..dash of that.

Pinch of this...dash of that...and you wind up with an oil that's got 2000 ppm of moly!
crackmeup2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back