2006 JD220B Mower 75 Hours Amsoil ASE 10W30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here it is guys! The smallest oil sump ever sampled (0.6 quarts) on the road to reliability
thankyou2.gif
! This was sampled from a John Deere 220B Greens Mower at a championship golf course. Factory recommended OCI is 50 hours. There was actually 82 hours on this oil with zero make up oil (The Maintenance Superintendent missed a few hours in the log book on sample day), and though it did shear a bit it was still good to go. OAI screwed up and tried to assign an oil filter to this when there obviously isn't one!
AmsoilASE.jpg
[/img]

Last edited:
Nice add-pack on that oil. I've read in another post that this oil is a good option to use in seldom-driven 'muscle/collector cars' - supposed to protect against moisture well.

Nice results! Could have probably gone over 200 hours on that oil!

Yes Sir! I wouldn't hesitate to run this oil in a car for 6,000 miles...it's a very cheap group IV in bulk pricing too. When I first saw these air cooled mowers in operation all I could think of is that they would pound this oil to death quickly...well the data has proven me wrong once again. I'm quite fine with being wrong as long as the data was collected properly and displays good repeatability. I am anxious to see what the sheer down will look like at 120 hours. We'll see if we hit mid 20 grade range.

Wow - a TBN still high at 7.42 in the mower!

My mowers are on their last leg I believe, so when I get new ones, this is what's goin' in...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back