06 MazdaSpeed 6 Quaker Q Advanced 5W-30 4300 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I took advantage of O'Rielly's Free After Rebate deal a few months back on Quaker State Q Advanced. This is my second oil change on this motor (car bought used) and I'm trying to nail down an OCI.

The car was driven a good mix of highway and city. Highway runs usually were in the 3,000 rpm range. The engine is a 2.4L DISI Turbo. I did use Lube Control every 1,000 miles or so. Filter was a Mazda OEM unit.

Report2.jpg

I do like the lower wear numbers. I'm pleasantly surprised at how well the oil held up. The previous oil was Mazda Dealer fill from an oil change. I'm currently using Mobil 1 5W-30 SL that's the last of my stash from Pep Boys.

Any thoughts or questions on this report?

that is the first DISI UOA I have seen with reasonable wear numbers, comparatively speaking. I'm anxious to see the next one.

I was putting about 50 miles per day on the car for a couple months. The driving was anything from 80 mph cruising to 15 mph bumper to bumper and stop and go traffic. It's typical Houston traffic. :) I think the cruising helped with the wear number.

Right now, I'm back to suburban driving and not much open road cruising. The next report should be interesting.

Anyone else have thoughts? I'm curious to see if I'm safe to run upwards of 5,000-6,000 miles for an interval.

Excellent wear numbers but the oil really thinned out. Insolubles a little high for interval. Low flash point. I am thinking you will see better results with the M1 but you need to get the fuel dilution fixed. It is what lowered the flash point and viscosity. I think a better choice with the turbo would be mobil 1 0w-40.

I just sent off a sample of M1 5W-30 that I ran in my Mazdaspeed3 for a bit over 5K; I can't believe that some folks are going 7.5K on conventional oil...

Originally Posted By: TR3-2001SE
Excellent wear numbers but the oil really thinned out. Insolubles a little high for interval. Low flash point. I am thinking you will see better results with the M1 but you need to get the fuel dilution fixed. It is what lowered the flash point and viscosity. I think a better choice with the turbo would be mobil 1 0w-40.

I don't know if the fuel dilution is something that can be "fixed". It seems to be a side effect/result of the DISI design of this motor. I haven't seen any UOA's on this motor that didn't have fuel dilution of some sort.

I just installed GC. Burning off my stash of this before going to Ams.

I was told early on with my Evo that using a 10w would reduce fuel dilution by improving ring seal at start up and it worked, but its not a DISI. For what thats worth.

I have 12 qts of 5W-30 PP and several quarts of M1 10W-30 (SL) left, so it might be a while before I try new oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back