When will BITOG get a mobile app??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am shocked that there isnt one already, how many of you guys would like to see it happen? What features should it utilize?

a free version would be ad supported most likely, but what would you pay for an ad free premium version?
28.gif

No thank you. I would think the possibilities and opportunities for our esteemed colleagues to educate the public on tribology on a mobile app would be awesome but it would just be wasted and information would be distorted to meet the facts of the person presenting the information.

Oh boy, I'm addicted as it is
crazy2.gif
! My wife is telling everyone she is now single because of the amount of time I spend on BITOG at home
grin.gif

Whimsey

What would that do, notify you every time new posts are posted on BITOG?

BTW, and unrelated, yesterday i got rear-ended while just waiting at a red light. The guy had a smartphone in his hands. Not sure if he was browsing BITOG.

A mobile-friendly site is probably the most logical. The forum part of the site appears to be "Powered by UBB.threads™ 7.5.6". Some of the other forum software has versions that now offer mobile-optimized views. In my brief research, it doesn't look like UBB.threads does yet.

iam getting tired or high tech this high tech that. i just want ball joints that will hold up. didnt we get by with OUT high tech stuff once?

Originally Posted By: morris
iam getting tired or high tech this high tech that. i just want ball joints that will hold up. didnt we get by with OUT high tech stuff once?

Morris most teenagers look at you cock-eyed if tell them it was not that long ago phones had cords.

yep your right. i do have a computer. i started out on commodores as youll see if you see my other posts. as a mater of fact there is add on tv of a dad asking for a cord for his computer.

I don't think I need to get all "app" happy.

My cell phone, makes phone calls.

I really don't feel the urge to check out my oil forum posts while out in public.

Originally Posted By: dave1251

Morris most teenagers look at you cock-eyed if tell them it was not that long ago phones had cords.

lol.gif

Sad part is that I remember the cords..

I ask the site owner year ago same question. They are working on it :), and those that are complaint about high tech " get on with it " or else by time you start using app, car already fly hehe

Originally Posted By: MetalSlug
I ask the site owner year ago same question. They are working on it :), and those that are complaint about high tech " get on with it " or else by time you start using app, car already fly hehe

Thats great! And also glad someone shares my embracing of the brave new world.

Must be a Dakota owner, sad that bad ball joints have soured you feelings about change and progress.
coffee2.gif

The pioneers GOT BY just fine ( minus rampant disease and food scarcity, and taking months or a year out of thier lives just to get across the country, high infant mortality, and lawlessness), but im sure they would have graciously used a car, refridgerator,weather radio, and GPS if available.

Personaly, if someone makes a better mouse trap, ill be the first in line to try it. I am on the go alot, so I access bitog from my phone almost 70 % of the time and its annoying to constantly refresh the browser to see what, if anything updated.

It may not fit your lifestyle, but my smartphone has saved my sanity while visiting the in-laws
grin.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: needsducktape
I don't think I need to get all "app" happy.

My cell phone, makes phone calls.

I really don't feel the urge to check out my oil forum posts while out in public.

So no app should be developed because you would choose not to use it?

Even if an app is developed, I am pretty sure you could still choose to not use it.

Originally Posted By: Jeffy_D

Must be a Dakota owner, sad that bad ball joints have soured you feelings about change and progress.
coffee2.gif

The pioneers GOT BY just fine ( minus rampant disease and food scarcity, and taking months or a year out of thier lives just to get across the country, high infant mortality, and lawlessness), but im sure they would have graciously used a car, refridgerator,weather radio, and GPS if available.

Personaly, if someone makes a better mouse trap, ill be the first in line to try it. I am on the go alot, so I access bitog from my phone almost 70 % of the time and its annoying to constantly refresh the browser to see what, if anything updated.

It may not fit your lifestyle, but my smartphone has saved my sanity while visiting the in-laws
grin.gif

I can feel your pain, but once my technology dependance gets to that level of addiction, I will go to my in-laws how in the middle of the desert where the nearest "town" in 17 miles away and unplug myself from the grid.

Originally Posted By: Papa Bear
I would get the app... but first I'd have to get a cell phone.
smirk.gif

Resist as long as you can.

Honestly as good as this site is, I get my fill every couple of days, I wouldn't have the need for an app.

Originally Posted By: Smokescreen

Honestly as good as this site is, I get my fill every couple of days, I wouldn't have the need for an app.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Sometimes I think some people on here are either incarcerated or wearing a ankle bracelet device where they can not leave their house..Some people here are posting almost 24/7..Especially the Newbies..I am sure a lot of people here have a laptop in their car..Posting from your I-Phone is pita IMHO.

I can not see how someone can work full time,run errands,do things around the house and take care of their family posting on here morning,noon,night and even overnight.

But then again I am VERY thankful there are people who are here so often as when you ask a question [at 3am] you will quickly get a answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back