PureONE PL14670, 1.5 years, 2000 Dodge Durango

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a Purolator PureONE PL14670 taken from a 2000 Dodge Durango. Filter was on for about a year and a half, but the vehicle had only around 2k miles (best guess - I forgot to record the mileage from the last time I changed it). Ran Rotella T6. Vehicle sees lots of short trips, which I'm hoping is the cause of the filter warping and not a bad head gasket.

You will notice the PureONE held up much better than the Fram that was on the vehicle previously, which I documented in this post.

IMG_1415.JPG

IMG_1416.JPG

IMG_1417.JPG

wow.. thanks for posting.. quite a night and day difference from the fram. P1 looks like a very good filter!

Eh, a little wavy but as far as the filter function, no worries, fine. Could be some fuel dilution and/or condensation from short trips. If it is from a hg leak then it held up very well.

Agree though with your comment about the P1 as compared the orange can here.

Originally Posted By: LT4 Vette
Why wouldn't a filter look good after 2K miles ?

I approaching 15K miles on an oversized Purolator Classic on my Honda.

thumbsup2.gif

I agree 2k isn't much, but there's also a time factor involved here. 1&1/2 years and 2k infers short trips and/or infrequent use. Tougher on oil and filter.

A lot of P1s I've seen and used end up with somewhat warped media on a variety of vehicles at a variety of OCIs with a variety of oils--my theory is that the filtration catches more moisture than other materials. But, I've never seen P1 media busted by this.

Originally Posted By: sayjac
I agree 2k isn't much, but there's also a time factor involved here. 1&1/2 years and 2k infers short trips and/or infrequent use. Tougher on oil and filter.

^This is very true.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back