2k1 Neon Valve Cover Removed. PICTURES

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: silverrat
I didn't know people autocrossed automatic transmission cars.

That car has a 3SPD Hydraulic trans, old school stuff, and 1st gear is good for around 50-55mph, 2nd can hit 90, and 3rd is up to the limiter... so i kept it in 1st for all the events, works like a brake when you let off, and accelerates madly especially after 20mph..

It was suitable for that kind of stuff... but the suspension is where its at.

Originally Posted By: Catera

That car has a 3SPD Hydraulic trans, old school stuff, and 1st gear is good for around 50-55mph, 2nd can hit 90, and 3rd is up to the limiter... so i kept it in 1st for all the events, works like a brake when you let off, and accelerates madly especially after 20mph..

WHOA!! that trans.must heat up like a nail in a camp fire!
shocked2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: lexus114

shocked2.gif

Well it has a large oversized trans cooler attached to a fan on the front of the engine so that seems to work so far, the trans is solid to this day I haven't had issues with it. Just regular maintenance on it and lots fun... but overall the car is slow, as the trans doesn't allow the engine to work in the optimal power ranges.

Originally Posted By: lexus114

shocked2.gif

Well it has a large oversized trans cooler attached to a fan on the front of the engine so that seems to work so far, the trans is solid to this day I haven't had issues with it. Just regular maintenance on it and lots fun... but overall the car is slow, as the trans doesn't allow the engine to work in the optimal power ranges.

Swheeeeuuuuu! I feel a lot better now!
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back