Supertech ST3675 filter 7000 miles photos

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a SuperTech filter that I just changed this week off of a 2002 Chevy V8 (co-workers truck) with OLM going off at 6900 miles. We changed it 100 miles later.

Total miles on truck is just under 70k.

Time in service is almost 8 months and used Chevron 5w-30 oil. Nothing added to the oil and used none.

All filter parts.

-

Close up of filter element;

-

Filter plate;

-

Put on another St3675 and he went with QS 10w-30 dino for this oil change.

Trying to get him to do a UOA soon...

I'll have a Ecore with about 4k miles in the next couple of weeks. Will post the photos then.

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Good pix, Bill!
cheers.gif
Looks like both the SuperTech filter and the Chevron oil did just fine on a fairly long OCI. I look forward to the pix of your filter soon to come. May have one myself pretty soon of an Auto-RX cleaning cycle.
wink.gif

Not a chance.
Even the cheapest filter media will easily withstand 20K mi and beyond.

quote:

Originally posted by carock:
What did you use to cut that filter open?

Mr Dremel with a cutting disc
tongue.gif

quote:

Originally posted by LT4 Vette :
After 7000 miles, is the paper brittle and easy to tear ??

Nope, nice element and does require a knife to cut open.

I normally don't open the element (had to do that too many times with Aircraft filters) and inspect. I just open to make sure the element is still intact and no big chunks of anything in there...
grin.gif

Thanks GM for the kind words!
cheers.gif

Bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Bill, did you intend to make your pictures clickable?
They just redirect me to the imageshack home page.

quote:

Originally posted by vad:
Bill, did you intend to make your pictures clickable?
They just redirect me to the imageshack home page.

No, Thats imageshack getting you to their home page.

They are set up for showing up on this page.. (hopefully)
rolleyes.gif

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Nice photos!

I've long been a user and fan-boy of WIX filters and insisted on using them on my old VW Jetta and in my new Mazda. They are, i believe very high quality filters.

Recently though I decided to give the $2.09 ST 7317 filter a try on my mazda, mostly due to price and what ive read on here. I must confess i was impressed with it and photos like this make me a believer.

On a recent trip to Walmart i picked up 3 more ST 7317 filters for 2.09 ea along with a case of TropArtic 5w30 for 1.48 ea.

Thank you BITOG (and BillinUtah).

That ST looks better (as far as pleat spacing goes) than the 2 I have cut open (but they were smaller 6607 and 7317). I have an ST 16 ready to cut and a ST 8 on the van that will be cut soon.

Maybe I will finally get me a Dremel, I have been using a hack saw and it just well, hacks them up leaving metal shavings everywhere.

quote:

Originally posted by Captain Howdy:
I don't see any pics. ??

Try this.

Wait for the this page to load then press control and click your Reload button. (if your using IE)

They are showing up for me in IE, Opera and Firefox. Just checked.

Take care, bill
biggthumbcoffe.gif

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
Maybe I will finally get me a Dremel, I have been using a hack saw and it just well, hacks them up leaving metal shavings everywhere.

Yep, same thing here. The hack saw is such pain in the a#$!!!

quote:

Originally posted by vad:
...Yep, same thing here. The hack saw is such pain in the a#$!!!

Not so much a pain, I can do one in about 2 minutes with the hacksaw, it's just all the metal shavings get into the filter and I cant really examine the media.

Maybe I should just break down and get a filter opener....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back